lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2021, 06:45 PM   #1
Dhenry85
Not Yet Wild

Default New to the Yamha Golf cart club. Carb questions.

Hey there, just got into the golf cart game. Found a good deal on a cart which with a little research found out that I had a 93 G8 on my hands. It so hard trying to find any information on the J38 engine or specs. I was looking to pull a few more ponies out of the motor by putting a different air filter and exhaust. I'm having trouble finding info on the carb to get new jets to accommodate. Any info anyone has to where I could get a jet kit for the stock carb would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Last edited by Dhenry85; 05-18-2021 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: Posted in the wrong thread.
Dhenry85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2021, 06:48 PM   #2
Dhenry85
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New to the G8 club!

Sorry, was trying to put this in the G8 club thread. and can't seem to find out how to delete.
Old 05-18-2021, 07:38 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: New to the Yamha Golf cart club. Carb questions.

You can't delete, but maybe the moderators can move it for you.

Regarding your mods. Are you looking for more power? Look at Plowman's Carts in the site sponsors page. He specializes in Yamaha carts.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:11 PM   #4
Dhenry85
Not Yet Wild

Yea, was looking to just do some small things, figured and intake and exhaust would help a bit. But reading around a bit it says I need to add a bigger jet to the carb and that is the issue I'm having. I can't find a jet kit for the carb to run that bigger jet.
Old 05-19-2021, 05:47 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Don't waste your time and money dicking around experimenting with what might or might not work.

plowmanscarts.com
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 08:20 AM   #6
Dhenry85
Not Yet Wild

Ive been on their site. I can't find anything for a carb. They don't have much performance wise for the G8 carts though. Mainly just the clutch kit.
Old 05-19-2021, 01:33 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhenry85 View Post
Ive been on their site. I can't find anything for a carb. They don't have much performance wise for the G8 carts though. Mainly just the clutch kit.
Did you call him? He has many more parts than is listed on the website.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 07:28 PM   #8
Dhenry85
Not Yet Wild

I did not call him. I'll get right on that, thank you.
Old 05-19-2021, 07:38 PM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Call Don plowman. Wealth of information, I don’t think anyone knows these carts as well as he does. He stays really busy this time of year so he may have ti call you back, but it’s worth the wait.

If I had a Yamaha I’d buy a bunch of stuff from him. https://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts....1614271358&v=2

You still have to call him to order that kit so you can tell him what kind of riding you do (hills, speed, torque, off road or neighborhood, etc) and he will custom tune the kit to your specs for clutching and stuff.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:28 AM   #10
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I just finished installing a 'custom' Don Plowman's setup on my 1988 G2 cart and it does everything I asked Don to provide.
Torque to pull my Boston Whaler out of the water and cruise around my neighborhood.
You will be happy with his products.
Jammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha