lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2021, 05:49 PM   #1
Randy Stuart
Not Yet Wild

Question 2004 President won’t move

I was just given a 2004 Club Car Precident by my brother. It doesn’t move at all. He said it was fine and he charged it and left it for a few months at his camp. When he got back it would not move. The batteries are good and test at 50volts and the charger works just fine. The key switch is good and he put in a new mcor but that did not help. I tried to test the OBC with a multi meter. When I connect meter between light blue wire from 6 wire connecter and negative on battery as manual says, I only get about 25 volts. I get the same with the red wire. When I use meter probes to jump between blue and red at connector on harness side I get 50 volts. Is this an indication of a bad obc or do I need to look elsewhere. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don’t want to spend big bucks on a new OBC and then find out that was not the problem. Thanks in advance.
Randy Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2021, 09:41 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 President won’t move

Check the voltage between that red wire and the main POSITIVE battery terminal. If you read any voltage, it sounds like the sonic weld is defective.

The sonic weld connects that red wire to the red going to the solenoid and the blue going to the run/ tow switch. It is a 3 point connection.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 11:05 PM   #3
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2004 President won’t move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Stuart View Post
.... 2004 Club Car Precident .... It doesn’t move ....
Do you hear the solenoid latch when pressing the Foot pedal?
Do you have 50v on the Blue/White wire leaving the solenoid (requires Tow/Run - RUN and Key Switch - ON)?
Does the solenoid latch when the Blue/White wire is jumped to GND? (Be careful in case the motor gets power - blocks or lift rear end.)
The controller will ground the Blue/White wire closing the solenoid when the following signals are provided on the 16 pin controller connector:

Pin #5 - Light Blue - Charge Interlock (OBC) - (not charging = B+)
Pin #6 - Green - Foot switch (MCOR) - pedal down
Pin # 9 - Gray - Tow/Run switch - Run
Pin #10 - Tan - Key switch - On
Pin #16 - Blue - Forward/Reverse switch - Reverse
or
Pin #8 - Brown - Forward/Reverse switch – Forward

If any of the 5 signals is missing the controller will not close the solenoid.
Find the missing input - could be a bad switch/wire/sonic weld/loose connector.

If you do end up needing an OBC you might consider buying a smart charger which might be about the same price. The OBC is just the "smart" part of the charging system.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car