lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2021, 11:10 AM   #11
Acidrain
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: hei ignition conv. for twin cylinder 4 cycle workhorse

Well, like I said, I did the HEI mod on my MCI Robbin. It worked fine for a couple of years and then one day after doing a bunch of maintenance work on it, it quit working.
I followed the wiring diagram, and it worked just fine, but no better than stock.
I ended up cleaning the ground connections and going back to the original parts, which fixed whatever that problem was... probably poor ground connection.
More than likely you have a bad ground connection too.
So mine is one that did actually work with a 2-cyl 4-stroke. It ran just fine for at least two years. Just saying.
Acidrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2021, 03:24 PM   #12
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: hei ignition conv. for twin cylinder 4 cycle workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidrain View Post
Well, like I said, I did the HEI mod on my MCI Robbin. It worked fine for a couple of years and then one day after doing a bunch of maintenance work on it, it quit working.
I followed the wiring diagram, and it worked just fine, but no better than stock.
I ended up cleaning the ground connections and going back to the original parts, which fixed whatever that problem was... probably poor ground connection.
More than likely you have a bad ground connection too.
So mine is one that did actually work with a 2-cyl 4-stroke. It ran just fine for at least two years. Just saying.
OP is looking for that wiring diagram and the components you used to make it work so he can do the same. Did you use the cheap GM style HEI or a MSD box? It may make a difference which HEI you used. Lots of folks would be interested in this if we can find the correct HEI. The problem is, everyone on here for the past 12 years or so that has said that it will work, has either gone back to stock cause it quit working, passed away, or disappeared and won't provide the answer to the questions, which HEI and how to wire it. Did you have to add additional diodes and a resistor in your wiring?
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO