lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2022, 01:18 PM   #121
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Do people want programming cables made for them?

Matt, I just received the cables in the mail today. That are darn nice looking, very professional quality and so is the labelling on them too. Just thought I'd put that out there for the world to know.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2022, 06:11 AM   #122
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Support View Post
Matt, I just received the cables in the mail today. That are darn nice looking, very professional quality and so is the labelling on them too. Just thought I'd put that out there for the world to know.
Thank you.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 09:36 PM   #123
Lambert
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Support View Post
I just want to second that. I have been using Matt's cable for a few weeks now. It just works. He took care of business professionally and deliverd a nice product.

It was nice to just order the cable and be done with it. In my early years I would have tried to build one. I'm over that now.
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 07:54 PM   #124
dhigley
Not Yet Wild

Looking for a link to the marshell controller software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dhigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 08:15 PM   #125
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
I've received a few PMs asking about making a programming cable for them and wanted to gauge the interest to see if there were enough people for me to actually make a bunch and list them on Amazon so people could just buy them.

To be clear on the cost if you decide you want a cable:
  • CANUSB - $120 - You have to buy this from canusb.com, I don't make it.
  • RS232 to molex (ICON golf cart) cable, I could make this and it would cost $20-25. That would leave me a $6-10 "profit" for beer and I'd just throw these on Amazon.

So I can make the cheap, $20'ish part, but you would still need to buy the expensive part. I would not bundle the two together because I'd just be buying a ton of those expensive parts and then some people would just buy, program, and return them to Amazon lol.

I would essentially be saving people the effort of buying the $42 in weird tools, extra crimp ends, extra molex, crimping stuff, wire, etc and that's it.

Here's how to make your own: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=171601
im glad someone going to do it. although I couldnt find these when looking on both ebay and amazon (or I would have bought one). After making one myself for my curtis clone I thought about offering them myself just so theres an option for those out there afraid or unwilling to do it themselves. I made mine from an old pc power supply molex and a $6 serial breakout adapter so theres lots of options like these, https://www.ebay.com/itm/18227646397...Bk9SR_qjyK3cYQ that require no crimping or soldering when wired to this https://www.ebay.com/itm/14483617936...Bk9SR_DO2K3cYQ
anyway you can add the curtis controllers (and clones) with the molex connector to the list of controllers these work on, as long as the older version 312 software is used.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=188959
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 05:17 AM   #126
DaveTM
Gone Wild

As I've always said to my kids (all adult kids now).....You pay with time, or you pay with money. If you believe your time is worth the price....pull out your wallet!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 09:29 PM   #127
mucong111
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
I've received a few PMs asking about making a programming cable for them and wanted to gauge the interest to see if there were enough people for me to actually make a bunch and list them on Amazon so people could just buy them.

To be clear on the cost if you decide you want a cable:
  • CANUSB - $120 - You have to buy this from canusb.com, I don't make it.
  • RS232 to molex (ICON golf cart) cable, I could make this and it would cost $20-25. That would leave me a $6-10 "profit" for beer and I'd just throw these on Amazon.

So I can make the cheap, $20'ish part, but you would still need to buy the expensive part. I would not bundle the two together because I'd just be buying a ton of those expensive parts and then some people would just buy, program, and return them to Amazon lol.

I would essentially be saving people the effort of buying the $42 in weird tools, extra crimp ends, extra molex, crimping stuff, wire, etc and that's it.

Here's how to make your own: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=171601
Hello,

I recently make my own programming cables. However, the CAN to USB which I am using is PEAK CAN-USB (https://www.peak-system.com/PCAN-USB.199.0.html) instead of the one like your post. I connect to the Toyota NEOS, the driver seem to be recognize but when using the IconSoftware (2021 earlier version) "Tuning" button unavailable.

So I wonder was that problem had created because of using different kind of CAN to USB? Hope you can give me some suggestion, thanks you.
mucong111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 11:31 AM   #128
Valtamirano24
Not Yet Wild

I am looking for a programming cable 2015 EV1 is anyone still making them?
Valtamirano24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon