lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2024, 08:31 PM   #11
Tom12254
Getting Wild

Default Re: Jakes Long travel kit G2

Pics..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240612_202958.jpg (248.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20240612_193147.jpg (86.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20240612_193216.jpg (80.8 KB, 0 views)
Tom12254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2024, 09:56 PM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Any updates?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 11:20 PM   #13
NMRAcer4632
Not Yet Wild

Well, this makes the decision on what company NOT to buy a lift kit from pretty easy.
NMRAcer4632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 07:32 PM   #14
Tom12254
Getting Wild

Update, I contacted Jake's again and told them about the 2nd bad subframe. I told them I'd be willing to fix it myself if they refunded me the money just for that part..well they refused and said they would just send another subframe out and this time a manager would inspect it before shipping it to make sure it was a quality part.. Seems like they would inspect all parts before shipping.. but okay. Well I'm impatient and didn't want to wait yet another week for another subframe so I decided to fix one I had already while waiting for the new one. Cut off one of the pieces of roundstock that was welded sideways, turned down a new piece on the lathe, bolted it to the subframe with a 10mm bolt and nut before welding so it would stay square and bam fixed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240612_205413.jpg (122.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20240616_100341.jpg (51.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-26-2024, 07:35 PM   #15
Tom12254
Getting Wild

I don't powdercoat so I just went with flat black rattle can and it matched pretty decent (you won't see it anyways bolted up) but now I've got everything mounted and going! I guess 3rd time is the charm because I did finally get the 3rd subframe from Jake's and it was built straight finally.. at this point it will just be a spare now since I've already got the kit assembled with the one I fixed. So all in all, Jake's customer service was good to deal with and helpful, Jake's products..well quality control needs to be addressed forsure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240616_100444.jpg (121.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-26-2024, 08:08 PM   #16
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Good job on the fix, most people don't have the tools and skills you have to take care of that. It's frustrating when we spend good money on something we have high hopes for and we see all the flaws we can easily fix. Its the very reason why I can't take my cars to a mechanic, they seem to do crappy work compared to what I can do It's frustrating. Glad you got it fixed.

Other than the issues, what do you think of the kit? Hows the ride? Steering? Etc?
Old 07-08-2024, 11:21 AM   #17
Tom12254
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Good job on the fix, most people don't have the tools and skills you have to take care of that. It's frustrating when we spend good money on something we have high hopes for and we see all the flaws we can easily fix. Its the very reason why I can't take my cars to a mechanic, they seem to do crappy work compared to what I can do It's frustrating. Glad you got it fixed.

Other than the issues, what do you think of the kit? Hows the ride? Steering? Etc?
The ride quality definitely is improved, when taking the cart down dirt roads its alot smoother. Turning radius is actually better than the old double a-arm set up. Also with how the LT kit extends the wheel base I was able to get rid of my wheel spacers in the front and just run 1" spacers in the rear to match. The only downfall is with the front smoother you can really tell the rear suspension is the weak link now lmao. (shouldn't say weak link, more like the rough link) I have some 15" Suzuki atv shocks installed for the rear thinking about trying out some other options. Of course the rear will never be smooth without going to a fabricated 4 link set up.. (I would like to go that route eventually but have more projects than I can handle at the moment)
Old 07-08-2024, 09:26 PM   #18
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom12254 View Post
The ride quality definitely is improved, when taking the cart down dirt roads its alot smoother. Turning radius is actually better than the old double a-arm set up. Also with how the LT kit extends the wheel base I was able to get rid of my wheel spacers in the front and just run 1" spacers in the rear to match. The only downfall is with the front smoother you can really tell the rear suspension is the weak link now lmao. (shouldn't say weak link, more like the rough link) I have some 15" Suzuki atv shocks installed for the rear thinking about trying out some other options. Of course the rear will never be smooth without going to a fabricated 4 link set up.. (I would like to go that route eventually but have more projects than I can handle at the moment)
I've tried no less than 7-8 different pairs of atv shocks on the rear of the same swing arm setup you have. They all are about the same as far as ride quality goes. The fault is in the swingarm design with two front pivot points, no articulation. The later G16 models have a single center mounted pivot bolt and rubber bushing, huge difference in ride. Now with articulation you get sway while turning. And yes, a 4 link would be ultimate, but still would have sway. You'd need a anti sway bar to combat that issue.

I have seen people use a heim joint setup on that swingarm, centrally mounted in the front, like a G16. Some fab work, but easier than a 4 link. Then you just need a panhard bar in the back to keep the axle centered, just like the G16.

Here's a photo of my current project G16 to give you an idea. The articulation on the rear axle is probably 4-6" max. The ride is so much better than the G1, G2, G9 carts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240621_145035.jpg (366.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20240621_145005.jpg (463.1 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts