lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
T Man
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Is this canopy original or added later?

The 76 I bought came with this canopy, I doubt it came with the cart originally but thought I would ask. It gets bolted to the body with three bolts on each side, there are metal plates on the underside of the fiberglass as well. I think I will keep it and get a new top made up.

T Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is this canopy original or added later?

Are the sole mounts in the rear? It could be original, Yamaha did something like that too.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
T Man
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

The mounts are in the rear only. It doesn't look "home-made," the welds are well done and the snaps for the cover are riveted on. The two center bars are even arched, I doubt someone in their garage would take the time to do that. I just wondered if it was aftermarket or something that came with the cart when it was new.
T Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

The canopy is probably an after market job. It mounts like others I have seen and uses the HD Mount area. It looks like it is well made and I would certainly use it. It probably used a cloth or Vinyl top cover. Check the parts manuals for it may have been a HD or Columbia option.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson