lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
turbosundance
Not Yet Wild

Default Handling with a lift kit

I have my Marathon lifted pretty high but not to crazy I don't think and I also have a 440 snowmobile motor so I'm capable of about 45MPH with my stock gears and 22" tires. I find that when I take corner pretty hard when I'm on the power my inside rear tire will lift a few inches off the ground and I can hear the engine rev up as the inside tire spins in the air.

What have people done to keep the cart from leaning so much? I plan to weld the rear gears (I only run off-road) to stop the one wheel peels but I would also like to keep all 4 wheels on the ground around corners. I think part of my problem may be my soft front suspension that articulates very easily. Has anyone ever installed an anti-roll bar? Would wheel spacers make a large difference? Would wheel spacers on the front effect my steering at all since it moves the pivot point away from the center of the tire? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I think I mainly need to work on keep the front end from leaning so much and lifting my stiff rear suspension.

I have exactly 12" from the bottom of my rocker to the ground with my lift.

Is it just time for a long travel front end?
turbosundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
tbolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Handling with a lift kit

Your problem is the narrow frt and rear. A long travel frt will widen approx 6" and you need 4" spacers in the rr.

Glen
tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Yep, you need to be wider.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:56 AM   #4
hillbillyhangover
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree you do need to be wider. I would look into ebay for a sway bar off of a sportsman. I think I am going to have the same problem. I have already widened mine by 4" in spacers and also have offset rims. Still I am looking into a sway bar. When I can afford one I am going to set it up with quick release (like on some jeeps) so I can disengage it when I want.
hillbillyhangover is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts