lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
bigbird110
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Cart diesels takes a minute to shut off

Put my lift in 95 club car 6 inch a arm lift now when I drive the cart it takes it a minute to shut off when I let off the gas. I adjusted the throttle cable but this didn't help. The micro switches seem to be working. All the ground wires are hooked up. I don't know what it could be if y'all have any suggestions. Also the cart won't do it in maintenance mode. It starts and cuts off just fine. It's when I ride it for some reason. Thanks for halls help during this build I hope to post a pic on my avatar soon.
bigbird110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Cart diesels takes a minute to shut off

sorry this is one i have never run into on a cart before......someone should know.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
sorry this is one i have never run into on a cart before......someone should know.............................
Sounds like a carbon build up in the cylinder head. The carbon gets red hot and will fire the fuel/air mix after the spark has shut off. To prove it; next time it does this, yank up the seat and whip the plug cap off. If it dies it's an adjustment or damage issue, if it continues to run it will be carbon build up.

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Why do I have a feeling that bb110 is still rolling at a decent pace when the engine isn't shutting down?
(drive clutch still engaged, until a low enough speed/RPM)

If it doesn't diesel in maintenance mode, it shouldn't diesel otherwise!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Check the spark plug color, you may be running a little lean
and that is causing it to after fire. Be sure the throttle plate is closing all the way.

Anyone remember the 70s when your Ford would go on and on?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is there a chance that the ignition doesn't completely shut down? I had a Ford Pinto do that and it turned out that there was a feedback from the alternator that was just enough to provide weak ignition. A diode in the voltage regulator had gone bad. If you have an automotive timing light, hook it up to the cart and see if the ignition still is continuing once you stop.
Just look at the light and see if it keeps flashing. I didn't mean to try and time the engine with it.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
bigbird110
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I can smell fuel like it is running rich buti will check spark plug thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Why do I have a feeling that bb110 is still rolling at a decent pace when the engine isn't shutting down?
(drive clutch still engaged, until a low enough speed/RPM)

If it doesn't diesel in maintenance mode, it shouldn't diesel otherwise!

There is no load on the engine in maintenance. It's only when the motor has to work for a living that it will get up to operating temperatures. A "Free-wheeling" engine will not operate in the same way as an engine (let's say) pushing a couple of hundred pounds up a slope. It's a completely different set of parameters. Back in the day, and let's remember, this is back in the day technology; an ordinary car would be fine on the flat roads but throw in some hills and we are starting to create some different options. The engine is lugging more, the heat isn't being dissapated by air flow and hence we arrive at a hot engine. Simple law of thermodynamics.
Does that make any sense ?

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #9
bigbird110
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I am glad someone knew why it won't do it in maintenance mode because I have been trying stuff in this mode and cart runs great shuts off everytime. If i ride it I can smell fuel not bad and when I stop it sputters for a few seconds and then shuts off. I am going to try some of the suggestions Wed when I am off work then I will let yall know what happens. I think the butterfly could be not closeing all the way since i adjusted the throttle cable but not sure. If this is the case do I just adjust the throttle cable back where it was to get butterfly to close?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have an idea! Been doing a little more thinking and do believe the others about the heat. I'd try just going slowly on a smooth surface to give her a chance to cool down a bit, before you stop. If this is possible to do, give that a try.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car