lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
Daigs
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G19 just stopped!

Been looking on this forum for awhile now. And it has been very useful, so thanks to all of y'all. I need some help.

I have a 96 g19. It has ran great till three days ago. Drove it to my tractor turned the key off. I was gone for like an hour, got on it turned the key on pushed the gas and nothing!! I have cked everything. The key switch is good. F/r is good. The batts are new. The fuse is not blown. All connections are good. I am getting 50 volts to everything.Thought I had a bad sillinoid? But I jumped across it and nothing. So i thought it was a bad controller. I got another one today and still nothing. The thing that is ? Me is that the silliniod does not click when I press or release the gas pedal??? But it does click when i switch it from tow/run.Also I am getting 50 volts to both sides of the silliniods when i am not pushing the gas pedal?also i am not getting any amps to the motor? But it is getting 50 volts to the motor. Any help would be great. Thanks
Daigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
Daigs
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G19 just stopped!

No thoughts.....
Old 12-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigs View Post
Been looking on this forum for awhile now. And it has been very useful, so thanks to all of y'all. I need some help.

I have a 96 g19. It has ran great till three days ago. Drove it to my tractor turned the key off. I was gone for like an hour, got on it turned the key on pushed the gas and nothing!! I have cked everything. The key switch is good. F/r is good. The batts are new. The fuse is not blown. All connections are good. I am getting 50 volts to everything.Thought I had a bad sillinoid? But I jumped across it and nothing. So i thought it was a bad controller. I got another one today and still nothing. The thing that is ? Me is that the silliniod does not click when I press or release the gas pedal??? But it does click when i switch it from tow/run.Also I am getting 50 volts to both sides of the silliniods when i am not pushing the gas pedal?also i am not getting any amps to the motor? But it is getting 50 volts to the motor. Any help would be great. Thanks
It's not that I don't want to help, but this gets complicated. There is a "flow" to testing the electronics operation circuts, that really need to be followed to isolate and fix the problem. Since you already changed the controller (witch is really the last thing you want to do), maybe your next tests should be the "throttle position sensor" (it tells the computer how much voltage goes to the motor to run at the speed you want) disconnect the tps from the controller (blue/black/orange) and test with a volt meter on ohms, blue/black leads 5000 ohms-pedal any position, orange to black-will very from 0-150 ohms to 5000 ohms as the pedal is pushed. I have also seen the "linkage" that controls the tps come undone. The "stop switch" should also be checked for continuity and also correct voltage flowing thru it. Hope that helped alittle. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
Daigs
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thks I will try that as soon as I get a chance. Going out of town for the weekend. Will let you know what happens. Thks for your time.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
dbanksjr79@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

bruning smell
dbanksjr79@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
dbanksjr79@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

ez-go bruning smell
dbanksjr79@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha