lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2023, 10:26 PM   #1
SamanthaP0930
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Question :) Did the 2007 Yamaha G29 come w brake lights or the wiring for them?

2007 G29, come w brake lights?

Installed new LED headlights and brake lights, however they aren't "brake" lights. Come on with the switch, nothing goes to the brake..

Easiest way to add the brake light? I have the harness that came with the lights and also have the original Yamaha accessories/bucket harness. I believe the original harness has wires tied together that are for turn signals..is there a wire that's also for brake lights?

Thanks guy!
SideWays Sam
SamanthaP0930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2023, 02:02 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question :) Did the 2007 Yamaha G29 come w brake lights or the wiring for them?

You will also need a switch activated by the pedal for brake lights to work. I can't really help with whatever wiring for them may already be on the cart! If your rear lights are already setup for brake lights, I guess you can install a motorcycle type switch and just wire in an independent circuit to operate them. I guess other members have done it and will be along to explain how.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 09:48 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Question :) Did the 2007 Yamaha G29 come w brake lights or the wiring for them?

Stock 2007 G29 did not come with lights at all. All lights were aftermarket - usually installed at a dealer. This means that they have no Yamaha documentation and you have to figure everything out for your personal cart. You need a brake light switch if there isn't one installed. The harness probably supports that if it's a common light kit.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 12:32 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I used an lgt-164 kit on mine. Had to tweak the bracket a little but it worked.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake lights, g29, wiring, yamaha, ydre
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha