lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2017, 09:38 PM   #1
FourChannel
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Fuel Pump Problem

So I have a G11 which I'll post the picture to, I am new to golf carts. This one was given to me from a friend and it sat for a couple years. When I got it I cleaned out the carb, cleaned out the gas tank and put new oil in it. The cart did smoke a bit, a blue white smoke which was oil burning so I talked to a guy here at a local small motor shop and he said add a bit of Rislone to it, like a cap full so I did. Run good for the last couple weeks, but today I was about 2 miles from home and it sputtered a bit and stopped. It's one of the on demand versions where it's gas but you press the pedal and it goes ahead or in reverse. Well after walking home and getting the ATV and heading back, I changed the plug and put a brand new one in, JBC is the nearest match I had for it which was a small engine plug and nothing. It ran a little ways when the choke was out but I had to pull it in. I got it home and pulled out the Fuel Pump and done a test on the Fuel Pump, I left it hooked up to the tank and hooked up to the motor but removed it from the Carb line and started it, no gas came out of the Fuel Pump at all, does this sound like a bad pump? They are pretty cheap here around $30 for a new one.

Any suggestions?
FourChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2017, 10:42 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Fuel Pump Problem

See if you can feel any pulse in the line from the crankcase to the pump if something there is amiss before replacing the pump.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:59 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
See if you can feel any pulse in the line from the crankcase to the pump if something there is amiss before replacing the pump.
Yep--if no pulse, it may be clogged with crap. Pull the line off of the pump and blow back thru it. The crap will go into the crankcase, so the oil will probably need to be changed again.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:57 AM   #4
FourChannel
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

There's a pulse, there's fuel coming in from the gas line to the pump, and a pulse on the other line, but there's no fuel going from the pump to the carb out that line.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #5
FourChannel
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I took the fuel pump off and one side is wet, the other is bone dry. Anyone know if they make rebuild kits for these?
Old 09-23-2017, 02:20 PM   #6
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Try priming the pump. Remove the hose from the carb and pour in gas. It's worth a shot.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #7
FourChannel
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Done that and it ran for like 30 seconds then quit again, the fuel filter has no gas in it either but fuel is running from the gas line to the pump and the filter from the pump to the carb has no fuel within it.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:15 PM   #8
FourChannel
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Got the new pump on, new fuel filter on. The Cart starts and runs but for like 3 feet then sputters and makes a bloomp bloomp sound before picking up again. There is no gas in the filter yet.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:24 PM   #9
FourChannel
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

It does backfire also when it does the sputter, run 3 or 4 feet, slow down to the 'starting phase' then pops and backfires, then chugs for a bit. I don't believe there's a lot wrong with the cart because it was running good until I slowed down to make that turn back to the house and it just slowed down and chugged some when you pulled on the Choke.

(Edit) Some of the time when the accelerator is depressed it starts right up and other times it just cranks and doesn't seem to be firing. I can smell gas when it is cranking.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:11 PM   #10
FourChannel
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

This is driving me crazy...

Tags
fuel, problem, pump
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha