lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2021, 06:24 PM   #1
mikey67
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Red face 2006 Electric Club 48V DS "BEAST CART"

Good evening: First the basics - 2006 Club Car, 6 ea 8 Volt Batteries, SN AQ0628-649621, Motor Model 170-502-0002 (11.4 hp).

The Issue: With batteries fully charged (and rested), I attempt to go somewhere and the cart will "lurch" very briefly, then immediately acts as if it has died. I can "play" with the F/R switch and sometimes (not always) will hear the solenoid click. I have performed the Club Cart OBC reset witch dance and on occasion this will have an effect (), though nothing is guaranteed as in other instances I have just turned it off and gone on and done what I needed to do and when I came back it would work fine to get it back to the barn.

I do not have one of the IQDM readers so if that is what I need then I guess I will be taking it to a shop as cant see spending $780 on a tool I may not use frequently...

The rest of the Story is I bought this cart used. Though have not been able to confirm it I was told that this was one of the the original Beast Buggies and that when they first got started back in 2006 they used Club Car DS as the base to build from. The is cool as it is camo and that is not a wrap but design is made into the skins. Live on small farm, all the seats and racks are perfect. I am concerned as I was told that BEAST changed it from base and base cart is not same. Has been lifted, when it is running it has a lot of Tq... I have downloaded all the Service Manuals for the year model as well as parts manuals. I just do not want to be swapping parts and am looking for some guidance here. Oh, I am a licensed aircraft mechanic, but have no experience with electric golf carts. Any help would be appreciated.
mikey67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intermittent operation, no start, possible obc
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car