lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #11
1970buick
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ausco disc brake install Precedent Club Car

Throw on one of your freshly painted rotors and secure with 2 lug nuts hand tightened.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0014.jpg (93.8 KB, 0 views)
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #12
1970buick
Gone Wild

Now it is time to put on the calipers. Here is another tip...forget what the instructions say and put the brake cable retainer in the new brake cable bracket first and then put your clevis pin and bowtie cotter pin in before trying to line up the caliper. Much easier this way. Then you put 2 bolts through each caliper and through the mounting bracket and tighten. There are sleeves that go on the bolts that the calipers slide on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0015.jpg (154.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0016.jpg (169.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0017.jpg (170.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0018.jpg (146.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #13
1970buick
Gone Wild

Tomorrow I will be adjusting the brake cables to make sure there is no drag. First side took about 2 hours and the second side was about 30 minutes tops. This was a learn as I go project and the first side taught me some lessons. The brakes look like they will function nicely and the cables don't hang any lower. I have heard of folks switching brakes from one side to the other to keep the cables from hanging, but not an issue for me. They fit very easily behind my new 14's and there are no hang ups. (so far )
Old 02-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #14
1970buick
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This is a great install thread. Nice to see and hear real feed back.

I missed the product update where Ausco made this kit fit Precedent models. I wonder if the brake cable bracket was the main modification.
Keep up the good work
They kit is described as "bolt on" but when I see things in the instructions that say cut this off or cut this out I think it goes beyond bolting on. I want to say this kit even said no modifications needed. I am not complaining, I just like to know what I am getting into!
Old 02-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You did a great job of showing the product and install. Some people would balk at cutting a piece off of the cart to get the kit to fit but most of the guys who are doing this type of upgrade are quite capable, like yourself. Nice of you to post this so we have a reference to show what to expect. I look forward to reading your conclusion.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #16
1970buick
Gone Wild

I have been working on other projects and finally finished this one up. I did not have enough adjustment on the equalizer so I added a few washers to the back of the equalizer bolt. This worked great and I have plenty of adjustment room now. The brakes stop on a dime and the parking brake holds much better than before. If you want some extra stopping power this will do the trick.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the wrap up - that's cool
Old 12-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #18
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970buick View Post
OK, almost finished. Here is a tip that is not in the directions. The parts all come as bare metal. This stuff would rust the first time it gets wet. I masked off the brake pads and the part of the rotors where the pads would make contact and painted everything with industrial spray cans. Turned out nice and will keep it somewhat sealed. So, the next step is to take the mounting bracket and bolt it to the axle tube (on the outside lip) with the four bolts you saved from the brake assembly. (all are 1/2" bolts) Directly afterwards carefully slide your axle back in and replace the snap ring. I like to push on the snap ring in a few spots with a flathead screwdriver to make sure it is seated properly.
I am agreement with 1970buick on the painting of bare metal parts. That can be done before the replacement ever starts. Be sure to keep track of your left and right parts during disassembly for painting. I too, had to add the washers on the main adjustment rod to get them adjusted correctly.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Stickie worthy

Club Car needs an Ausco brake install stickie
Old 07-28-2018, 08:05 AM   #20
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Great Instrutional 1970 Buick. Definitely sticky worthy! I am upgrading my motor this fall to go around 30mph and figured I would do this rear brake mod at the same time. I’ve changed brakes/hubs on cars before but never messed with removing any sort of axle.
Does the axle come all the way out of the housing? And Does that give easier acces to change the axle bearings at the same time?
Is there any other preventative maint that could be done at the same time?
Does adding disc brakes reduce the width of the axle/wheels/tires?
And will this be sufficient stopping power for a cart that goes 30mph? I was looking into doing front disc, but it does not appear I can do that with my 3” allsports lift. And there don’t seem to be any other front disc options unless you buy certain lift kits?
Thanks
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car