lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #21
Firebob
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Compression Test

Ok hope this is the last question. I am not good with 2 stroke engines. So I put the cart up on a jack to run it, I had the governor disconnected for other reasons but now it is back firing. What causes this problem. Also what should the gap be on the spark plug.
Firebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #22
Firebob
Not Yet Wild

Hello to anyone that may have more suggestions. I have been having issues with my 88 EZ GO 2 stroke ( look at the thread history ). I took the advice of one of you wonderful people out there and pulled the engine back out and checked to make sure I didn't have a broken ring. The compression has been at 90 PSI with a new cylinder and piston and crank seals. I took everything apart and all checked out good, Reassembled and did another compression test. Now when I did this compression test ( I did not have the muffler on ) dont know if this makes a difference but I am still only getting 90 PSI unless I hold my hand over the exhaust then I will get about 102 PSI. I know that this is still not enough compression, but at this point I don't know where to go ? Any help would be great as I am getting ready to scrap the entire rebuild.

Thank You
Bobby
Old 04-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #23
Nate69
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

bob bud i have the same thing also and did the same thing but like i said people said it would run at 90 compression and i showed them and man this thing runs like a raped ape . Hell i even run a little 110 octane in it because i love the smell , lol. i know this dont help you but thats what i have to .. im just going to go with the saying if its not broke dont fix it , lol .
Nate69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #24
Firebob
Not Yet Wild

Nate69,

Thank You for your help. I will put it all back together and give it a try.

Thank You
Bobby
Old 04-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #25
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

A dumb question. are the windows in the piston facing the intake side?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #26
Firebob
Not Yet Wild

Yes the window in the piston is facing the intake side. The rings are installed accoring to the little pins on the piston. Not sure if the rings have a certain way to be installed like a race motor where there is a beveled edge that has to go a certain way but I did not see one. A golf cart shop out here told me to retorque the head but they had no torque specs on FT LBS, but I torqued to about 50-55. Didn't want to snap bolts or crack the head. I am lost for a better compression number.

Thank You
Bobby
Old 04-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #27
Nate69
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

well i herd u can mill the head but i think thats riskey my self
Old 04-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #28
Nate69
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

bob does it run fast with out the govener
Old 04-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #29
Firebob
Not Yet Wild

Don't know how it runs yet, before I tore it down this last time I wasn't able to get a test drive with it because it was back firing so bad. That's when I pulled the engine again. Not really sure how to adjust the throttle or governor. Also did you discontinue your oil injection ?

Thank you
Bobby
Old 04-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #30
Nate69
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

o yea bud its gone i use 100; 1 amsoil !! mixed gas.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO