lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2023, 09:12 AM   #1
IndyNick
Not Yet Wild

Default 2gauge wire. DIY or pre-made?

Curious if going to 2 gauge if people are buying a spool and crimping their own ends/soldering or just buying pre made kits?
IndyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2023, 09:20 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2gauge wire. DIY or pre-made?

I buy mine pre-made from BatteryCablesUSA - I don't think I could build them any cheaper and their quality is great. Unless you are going to buy in bulk and build a ton of cables, it's better to just measure what you need and order them custom made.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 10:13 AM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I buy mine pre-made from BatteryCablesUSA - I don't think I could build them any cheaper and their quality is great. Unless you are going to buy in bulk and build a ton of cables, it's better to just measure what you need and order them custom made.
I agree. I just bought some from that company. First class cables. The 4-gauge I bought looks like 2-gauge to me.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:29 PM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

I would buy custom cables made to your specifications with the correct eye’s on the ends for the best connection. Makes for a clean install without a lot of excess cable hanging around.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:21 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
I would buy custom cables made to your specifications with the correct eye’s on the ends for the best connection. Makes for a clean install without a lot of excess cable hanging around.
I just installed custom cables on my old Medalist and they look great. 4-gauge is larger than the 4-gauge I bought a few years ago for the batteries. The jacket is larger I assume which is good. I know they are good and flexible Had to get a larger cable clamp but no problem picking up one at HD. Glad I didn't get the 2-gauge. The would have looked like my water hose pipe lol

I didn't want to go 48 volts because I had everything to get it back going with the help of a friend. Got an almost new 36 volt charger ( Pro-Fit 36-Volt 18-Amp Battery Charger - E-Z-GO 1994-2011 36-Volt ) with some trading a few years ago also. I got to change the jumpers on back of charger tomorrow to go with these US batteries I just bought. It is set for Trojans now but won't be tomorrow.

I bought this cart back in April of 2020 and its been sitting in the back of my shop waiting on me to make it run again. I am not even a sparky person.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery cables on my ezgo.jpg (321.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg My medalist 1995 sparky cart cables and motor.jpg (260.3 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:05 PM   #6
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

I made my own 2 gauge cables.. I already owned the crimper and it still cost me about $75-100. I purchased the welding cable by the foot.
augiedoggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO