lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2023, 12:45 PM   #11
ycis
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: no power in reverse, but buzzer sounds?

one item im going to try this evening is to flip the wires on the fnr switch....

if the problem reverses itself (and reverse now works...while forward fails)...that should eliminate the controller and solenoid as the issue?

or if now nothing works, at least its tracked down to whatever controls the solenoid to trigger reverse.

or is this an utterly terrible idea?
ycis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2023, 12:46 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Like I said above the controller provides the power to the key switch which when turned on would turn on the meter. If that circuit doesn’t have power when the cart is in reverse something is probably wrong with the controller.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 12:48 PM   #13
ycis
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

ah, that is new info. I didnt realize the key switch was fed by the controller vs the other way around. TY! although the head and taillights come on fine when switching the key to that position?

ill need to dig up a wiring diagram for the key switch (with lights) and see what happens between F and R on those posts.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:58 PM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you have lights switched through the key switch it basically is 2 switches in one. First position closes to turn on cart. When you switch on the lights it closes a second set of terminals on the back of the switch to turn on the lights. If you look through the pdf I sent you will find the diagram. I also found that code 5-1 is an internal eprom failure..
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1CF92903-3017-42FB-AB44-C195F50BD1DB.jpeg (90.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-20-2023, 02:42 PM   #15
ycis
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

id reset it and triggered it at least 3 times and would bet a dollar its 1 blink, then 5 (and then repeats).

I did notice that in my testing, while the cart reacted the same way both in run, and run-lights. (ie forward works fine, no reverse at all).

i could ONLY trigger the 1-5 blinking error in the controller with the key in the run-lights position.

so... regular run - (normal operation in F) cart in reverse - nothing at all and no error lights on controller when pressing pedal

run-lights (lights turn on, signals work, cart runs fine in forward) no reverse...and 1-5 error starts blinking on controller the moment the pedal gets depressed

however with the OG battery gauge, it would immediately go out in either run, or run-lights when the cart was put in reverse. (works fine in F)
Old 03-20-2023, 08:11 PM   #16
ycis
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

and perhaps i was wrong originally, mostly just staring at the wiring now that I have the entire dash apart (what a mess of buttsplices).

going thru the steps again, i have indeed confirmed the flashing light on the controller is 1 - 5

and it also triggers immediately when i turn from key on, to key on-lights.

i dont have to engage the pedal for the 1-5 code to begin blinking. so something within the key switch or wiring for sure!

im honestly not sure which wiring is which given i dont believe this is factory (or some wires arent).

back of key switch oriented in normal position.

center white wire has the yellow "trigger" wire on it that attached to the 3rd pole on the oem battery meter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ksi.jpg (83.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-20-2023, 09:12 PM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Disconnect the blue wires and see what happens..
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1574B2FF-9B62-4387-849C-EE3D793F083C.jpeg (95.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-20-2023, 09:27 PM   #18
ycis
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

no change in functionality...still works fine in f...nothing in reverse (although no error code on controller even when switching to key-on-lights

voltmeter shows some odd stuff!

both white posts get 50v on key-on

NEITHER white posts have power with key-on when flipping directional switch into reverse. (buzzer does sound)
Old 03-24-2023, 12:09 AM   #19
ycis
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

still no real progress on this, but ive decided just to order a new key switch just to rule that out as i cant figure out anything else that might be causing this and its a last ditch effort to not have to replace the controller itself.

one odd item, if the key switch also powers the lights, and the key switch loses power to both the white wire posts when the cart is put in reverse....why do the headlights still work when in key on-lights position?

im probably grasping at straws here, and it doesnt explain at all why clicking into reverse somehow makes the two white wire posts on the key switch go dark...just seemed like an odd quirk in all this (to me anyway).
Old 03-24-2023, 12:01 PM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Key switch has 2 separate switches inside the case. One is for the 48 volt cart circuit and the other is for the 12 volt light circuit. They are controlled by turning the key. They are not electrically connected.

B and I are the cart circuit.

B1 and L1 are the lights.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO