lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2023, 04:15 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with Reversing Contactor

The orange wire activates the controllers reduced reverse feature. The instructions show this wire connected to the small + wire on the reverse side of the SW182 or the reverse side of the F&R switch ( these are opposite ends of the same wire you installed)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2023, 09:59 AM   #12
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The orange wire activates the controllers reduced reverse feature. The instructions show this wire connected to the small + wire on the reverse side of the SW182 or the reverse side of the F&R switch ( these are opposite ends of the same wire you installed)

please forgive me for not understanding this. I usually have no problem reading wiring diagrams and can install just about anything. This diagram is still confusing to me. I don't see where this Orange Wire is shown on this diagram of the 182 installation. On the Positive sides of the 182, it just shows the F/R switch connecting to both sides of the Pins (one for Forward and one for Reverse). There is no other wire connected to that. So where do I connect the Orange Wire?

Also you mentioned that the Red & Blue wires weren't correct from the beginning. So how was this cart able to run? I just have too may loose ends and don't know where to put them. I attached a picture of a Rotary F/R switch from one of the instructions (This is not the one from my cart) to show you the differences between that and mine.
Attached Images
File Type: png FR_1205m.PNG (51.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Rotary FR.jpg (807.4 KB, 0 views)
graphictees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 11:38 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the diagram you are showing.
It is incorrect for our DC182 contactor. The main difference is our DC182 has magnetic blowout which both protects and extends the main contact points.
Go to the diagram we sent with the install instruction.

The orange wire is for the optional reduced reverse power. The cart will run without it. You can add it later. It goes on either end of the wire you installed from the F&R to the reverse side (+) of the DC182
Old 03-19-2023, 01:46 PM   #14
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the diagram you are showing.
It is incorrect for our DC182 contactor. The main difference is our DC182 has magnetic blowout which both protects and extends the main contact points.
Go to the diagram we sent with the install instruction.

The orange wire is for the optional reduced reverse power. The cart will run without it. You can add it later. It goes on either end of the wire you installed from the F&R to the reverse side (+) of the DC182
I apologize. I attached the wrong file earlier. Here are the instructions that came with my 182 Contactor.

1) I don't see anything Labled X,Y, or Z as in the instructions but I think I figured it out

2) I am stuck on Instruction #5 - I'm not sure which wires to splice together

This diagram was a little but confuding because it did not have a clear indication of what side the contactor waqs showing and what was to be connected to each area/bolt or the specific prongs. That's why I had so many questions.
Old 03-19-2023, 02:07 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

5 would use the 2 wires that used to go to the micro switch on the drivers side of the old fnr switch.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 04:27 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
5 would use the 2 wires that used to go to the micro switch on the drivers side of the old fnr switch.
I believe I have posted that information 3 times in this thread. I don't know why the OP hasn't got that done. If you don't have those wires to connect. simply run battery + to the key switch. That is Step 5.
Old 03-20-2023, 03:57 AM   #17
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Thank you. That's all I needed to know. Thank you also to Scottyb for your help with this.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO