lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2023, 01:23 PM   #1
rgs80074
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default cart issue, no click, will not move,

Hello my friend.

My mothers cart is coming soon, should not have any issues other than maybe wiring in the reducer but the guy has it and says he will take care of it.

Now I do have another issue and you are knowledgeable about the golf carts much more than I by far.

cart info:
club car precedent
48 volt electric

doing the same thing my mom's cart did, its not moving. it started out where it had issues and if you let it set you could get it but unlike my mother's cart it went downhill quick. started doing it like 4 days ago and now its dead in the water and does not move at all. The guy is also impatient because they live and depend on the golf cart.

where is what as been done.

first checked the batteries, they all tested good and per the charts are just fine, no bulging etc. pack voltage is like 52.7 volts, each battery was like 8.5 volts

checked cable connections they all are good, cleaned a couple of them from some corrosion.

replaced the solenoid since prior the forum said the most common issue for that is the solenoid and batteries. replaced it and nothing different.

He did say used to be after you turned the key on you heard a click and then its not longer clicking at all, the new solenoid is no different.

At this point I do not know where to go or to look at, the cart has everything so tight and not really easy to get to, to test anything.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan
rgs80074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2023, 03:46 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: cart issue, no click, will not move,

With the Precedents for testing you really need the cart up on jack stands so you can get to the wiring from underneath without having to remove the batteries. All of the components that need to be checked are behind the batteries and the access cover, and when the batteries are removed you really cant test much.

I would first make sure all the battery cables are good and that there is 48V getting to the solenoid.
I would take a close look at the fuse in the harness between the solenoid and controller. Id also check to make sure the Tow/Run switch is getting power, and that power is going through it when switched to Run. If the Tow/Run switch fails power goes nowhere.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 08:58 AM   #3
rgs80074
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: cart issue, no click, will not move,

well I was not around to do that testing or really know how too and being under the cart would have been an issue etc.

also the guy would not wait for weeks for me to come back to test and then weeks to get parts in and me come back another time.

he got a cart guy to come check it out and the guy said it was the least likely part to go bad, his controller died everything else tested ok.

not sure how much controllers cost but his cost for the part was $425

ryan
rgs80074 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, non movement, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car