lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2023, 02:53 PM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Help with Fuel Guage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo C. View Post
I would just want to make sure the gauge fits in that panel.

Thanks
Carlo C.
It is the standard 2" gauge
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2023, 05:58 PM   #12
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Guys,
on a whim I bought a fuel gauge off of ebay a while back. Problem is it never came with a harness or sending unit. If any of you guys could let me know where to buy the parts I need to wire this thing up and make it work I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachment 235647
Attachment 235648

Thanks in Advance
Carlo C.
Carlo C, I never made it to my shop today but I hope I get there tomorrow and I will check on the sending unit.
Here is a wiring diagram that might help. I have always used the workhorse key switch when I connect accessories because its got extra terminals. I will let you decide on that.
One suggestion I would have is put an oil light in that key switch plate. There is already a sending unit on that engine and its just good insurance. At least for me. Again I will leave that up to you.
Here is your diagram . I will try and remember to look for that tank unit tomorrow and check it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gas gauge wiring ezgo.jpg (236.6 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 09:31 PM   #13
Carlo C.
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Carlo C, I never made it to my shop today but I hope I get there tomorrow and I will check on the sending unit.
Here is a wiring diagram that might help. I have always used the workhorse key switch when I connect accessories because its got extra terminals. I will let you decide on that.
One suggestion I would have is put an oil light in that key switch plate. There is already a sending unit on that engine and its just good insurance. At least for me. Again I will leave that up to you.
Here is your diagram . I will try and remember to look for that tank unit tomorrow and check it out.
trig123,
Thanks for all the help, I think I will add a oil light just for some simple protection. Please let me know when you get time.

Thanks
Carlo C.
Carlo C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 12:37 AM   #14
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
trig123,
Thanks for all the help, I think I will add a oil light just for some simple protection. Please let me know when you get time.

Thanks
Carlo C.
I will try and remember tomorrow. I got busy and forgot as usual . Remind me if I forget. It may or may not still be in the shop. I just have to look. Tom
Old 03-08-2023, 03:01 PM   #15
Carlo C.
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Tom,
Just reminding you.
Old 03-08-2023, 08:55 PM   #16
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Tom,
Just reminding you.
I found the tank unit but it tested bad with my meter. Not sure why I kept one that was defective but it looks like I did.

To make one of these work correct you also got to have this adapter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255914731693#shpCntId

which is sort of expensive and I don't have that part. At least I didn't see it in the box with the bad tank sending unit.
Country Cat has both but not sure you want to spend that much money ?

https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-ca...524%7c%7eM-3/y

I have installed the one that kgsc suggested but it was in a pontoon boat tank . The tank had threads in it and your ezgo tank don't unless you get the adapter I showed. I have seen people try self tapping screws without success as they leaked gas which is never good under the seat. The sending unit has to be tight and screws in a plastic tank would not be that way .

They made the adapter like this with the slot in it so you can slide it inside your tank with ease. It bolts up with two screws as shown on country cats site.

Carlo C ,
Sorry I don't have a working tank unit or the adapter you would need. Maybe someone else here might have a used one laying around or a better way of doing this.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:11 PM   #17
Carlo C.
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Trig123,
Is there anyone who sells used parts?

Thanks
Carlo
Old 04-03-2023, 03:28 PM   #18
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Trig123,
Is there anyone who sells used parts?

Thanks
Carlo
I don't know of any Carlo. Used golf cart parts are in high demand , at least in my area. High in price also.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO