lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2023, 11:58 AM   #1
Carlo C.
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Help with Fuel Guage.

Guys,
on a whim I bought a fuel gauge off of ebay a while back. Problem is it never came with a harness or sending unit. If any of you guys could let me know where to buy the parts I need to wire this thing up and make it work I would greatly appreciate it.

EZGO Fuel Gauge 1.jpg
EZGO Fuel Gauge 2.jpg

Thanks in Advance
Carlo C.
Carlo C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2023, 09:50 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with Fuel Guage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo C. View Post
Guys,
on a whim I bought a fuel gauge off of ebay a while back. Problem is it never came with a harness or sending unit. If any of you guys could let me know where to buy the parts I need to wire this thing up and make it work I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachment 235647
Attachment 235648

Thanks in Advance
Carlo C.
I just posted but removed my post because I looked good at your gauge.

What model cart do you have ? Your gauge looks like its a newer model but it sure would help to know. When you bought this what did they say it fit ?

I would think long and hard about putting a gauge in because you will have to drill a hole in the tank but I have did it and wired them without a wiring harness.

I will wait to see exactly what model you have before I can advise more on installing a gauge with wiring.
Edit
I just found where this gauge fits the later model carts. One site shows a 2017. Is yours one of these models ?

https://www.countrycat.com/e-z-go-cu...uge-fuel-level
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:46 AM   #3
Carlo C.
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

trig123.
I have a 08 EZGO TXT Gas. I have no problem wiring or putting a hole in the gas tank for a sending unit. Just need to know where to get the correct parts.

I bought this cart as a junker years back and rebuilt the entire cart. I have tons of pictures of the entire build.

How I bought it:
Cart 1.PNG
Cart 2.PNG

Pulled it down to the frame blasted powder coated and rebuilt everything:
Cart 3.jpg

Finished Cart:
Cart 4.jpg
Cart 5.jpg

Carlo C.
Old 03-03-2023, 10:14 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I think the gauge you have is made for the EFI carts with the sender built into the fuel pump assembly. Not sure if will work with a regular sender. You might be better off just buying one made for a boat with the sender. Would be cheaper..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 10:59 AM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo C. View Post
trig123.
I have a 08 EZGO TXT Gas. I have no problem wiring or putting a hole in the gas tank for a sending unit. Just need to know where to get the correct parts.

I bought this cart as a junker years back and rebuilt the entire cart. I have tons of pictures of the entire build.

How I bought it:
Attachment 235665
Attachment 235666

Pulled it down to the frame blasted powder coated and rebuilt everything:
Attachment 235667

Finished Cart:
Attachment 235668
Attachment 235669

Carlo C.
On country cats website it shows your engine is the MCI robbin. Is that correct ?

Here is the sending unit for a 2007-08 TXT

https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-ca...524%7c%7eM-3/y

I know our 2008 RXV's had the Kawasaki engines but I think the TXT's had the Robbin engine.

You did a great job on bringing this cart back to life. Excellent is a better word.
Show a picture under the seat and let us look at the engine area.
Like kgsc said the gauge you got is probably from a cart that had fuel injection. It might can still be used though. Just have to figure out what wires go to what.
I actually have a sending unit at my shop that would work. I would just have to test it to see if its good. The gauge will probably work you already bought.
Sender's resistance: Full tank - 33 Ohm, Empty tank - 240 Ohm; Fuel tank depth: 10 13/16"
I may even had a used gas gauge that would be much simpler to wire and it would go in the hole on the bracket you already have. Just have to check. I will post back what I have.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 11:00 AM   #6
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I used a tempo marine fuel gauge with sender on both my carts. Works well and stands up to even saline conditions. Bumped the thread
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 11:21 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just as an example

https://www.amazon.com/RUPSE-Sender-...81&sr=8-6&th=1
Old 03-03-2023, 02:31 PM   #8
Carlo C.
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
On country cats website it shows your engine is the MCI robbin. Is that correct ?

Here is the sending unit for a 2007-08 TXT

https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-ca...524%7c%7eM-3/y

I know our 2008 RXV's had the Kawasaki engines but I think the TXT's had the Robbin engine.

You did a great job on bringing this cart back to life. Excellent is a better word.
Show a picture under the seat and let us look at the engine area.
Like kgsc said the gauge you got is probably from a cart that had fuel injection. It might can still be used though. Just have to figure out what wires go to what.
I actually have a sending unit at my shop that would work. I would just have to test it to see if its good. The gauge will probably work you already bought.
Sender's resistance: Full tank - 33 Ohm, Empty tank - 240 Ohm; Fuel tank depth: 10 13/16"
I may even had a used gas gauge that would be much simpler to wire and it would go in the hole on the bracket you already have. Just have to check. I will post back what I have.
Thanks that would be great. If you do just let me know what I owe you and I will send you payment. My cart has the robin twin cylinder engine.
Cart 6.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
I used a tempo marine fuel gauge with sender on both my carts. Works well and stands up to even saline conditions. Bumped the thread
Do they have a small enough gauge to fit in that Panel?

Thanks
Carlo C.
Old 03-03-2023, 02:32 PM   #9
Carlo C.
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
I would just want to make sure the gauge fits in that panel.

Thanks
Carlo C.
Old 03-03-2023, 02:49 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Take out the one you have and measure its diameter. The one I sent you was for a 2” hole.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO