lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2023, 11:48 AM   #1
MussicalSqurrl
Not Yet Wild

Default No Dealer Near me No Speed

Hey everyone I am fairly new to all of this. I was recently gifted a 2007 Yamaha YDRE golf cart. After getting it I cleaned everything up pulled each of the batteries individually charge them (as I had not been charged in a year and a half or more) and gave it a test drive. Two things happened

1- The cart ran for a mile and a half to 2 miles before completely stopping even though the voltage battery meter on the dash red full. I toggled the run/tow switch and let it sit for a few minutes. Flip the switch again and was able to nurse at home. I checked and the batteries had 46.7 V. From what I’m reading I assume this is because the batteries are going bad? Or am I missing something else.

2- The other thing is the cart tops out at 12 mph from my reading this is because a code has not been changed on the golf cart. My issue is there is not a single Yamaha dealer or authorized shop in my entire state and I just find that hard to believe but what are my options to get more speed out of the cart.

Again thank you so much for any and all help as I am new to this.
MussicalSqurrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2023, 02:31 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: No Dealer Near me No Speed

Your batteries are probably junk if it sat uncharged for that long. That's probably why it stopped - voltage dropping under load. You could get an aftermarket controller like Alltrax to solve your speed problem. I have Alltrax in both of my YDRE carts and I get over 20mph.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 06:02 PM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Alltrax X2. This should get you into the 20's...

https://www.amazon.com/Alltrax-XCT-4.../dp/B0170ENCYO
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 05:44 AM   #4
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It sounds like your batteries are toast.
Once you fix that issue you will need to look to the controller to get the speed.

Take a look at the Navitas 440. We have installed close to 50 of them over the last two years. Performance has been fantastic.
Plug and play install.
Reliable.
Excellent customer support.
And my favorite feature, fully programmable using your smart phone. Leave your laptop at home.

After the controller you may want to look at upgrading your motor.
rstacy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 05:50 PM   #5
western.golf
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstacy View Post
It sounds like your batteries are toast.
Once you fix that issue you will need to look to the controller to get the speed.

Take a look at the Navitas 440.

After the controller you may want to look at upgrading your motor.
Although if you can afford it, and want to keep the cart just buy the kit, othewise your dropping $700 on a new Navitas 440a controller for a DC motor and then starting over with an AC kit, another $2k
western.golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 09:29 AM   #6
MussicalSqurrl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by western.golf View Post
Although if you can afford it, and want to keep the cart just buy the kit, othewise your dropping $700 on a new Navitas 440a controller for a DC motor and then starting over with an AC kit, another $2k
What kit do you mean? Also I have done a volt test and even a discharge test and only one battery was week.
MussicalSqurrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 10:29 AM   #7
RonL
Not Yet Wild

You can always replace the one battery and see if that helps. I recently got a almost free to me 2006 G29 and the first thing I did was replace all 4 batteries and install a battery indicator. I too have the 12mph issue, but I really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars chasing 8 more mph. That's just me. Of course if there were a way to speed it by an adjustment for reasonable, I'd be all in. No Yammie dealer near by.
RonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 03:58 PM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

With batteries that old, I would replace them all. No way they can be very good being that old. Certainly not a good idea to replace one.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 06:02 AM   #9
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

First things first. Determine your end goal then determine your budget. Think about spending your hard earned cash one time so you don't have to redo everything later. Think about a modern Navitas AC complete upgrade, easy install, more torque, more speed, adjustable on the fly with dash control or phone app, excellent customer support by phone and not just email. Costs a little less than a similar DC upgrade.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 11:49 AM   #10
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
First things first. Determine your end goal then determine your budget. Think about spending your hard earned cash one time so you don't have to redo everything later. Think about a modern Navitas AC complete upgrade, easy install, more torque, more speed, adjustable on the fly with dash control or phone app, excellent customer support by phone and not just email. Costs a little less than a similar DC upgrade.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, older cart, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha