lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2023, 08:29 AM   #1
jersey92
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default hard ride

looking for answers. i have a 2014 Club Car Precedent with a Jake lift. i replaced the shocks but the ride is still rough, even going over an uneven pavement. I've reduced the air pressure in the tires. any other suggestions? thanks!
jersey92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2023, 09:37 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: hard ride

Get tires with a big sidewall for the smoothest ride. If possible remove a rear spring
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 12:00 PM   #3
jersey92
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Scotty thanks for response. the tires are new, Duro's 22 X 11.00-12. only one (1) leaf spring per side.
jersey92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 01:02 PM   #4
texan
Gone Wild

I have a Precedent with a Jakes L. T. There is no smooth just better.
There isn't a much better ride than the L. T.
texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 12:15 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Leaf springs never ride good. The best you can do is modify the existing suspension to allow more movement. There are ideas all over the place, but one is to use leaf spring shackle extensions, they are used on the old Jeep CJ's and Wranglers. You could even make them fairly easily. Watch a YouTube video to see how they work. It's complicated.

One thing, if your current leaf springs do not use a shackle and are hard mounted on each end, there would be your issue, the spring can't move. Check that first.

Shackle length and angle will affect your spring rate, so you have to play with them to find the ultimate combination, there is no "rule of thumb".

The old school formula for "soft ride" is "soft springs with stiff shocks". That can be adjusted anywhere and in between, and is very subjective.

Here's a video I found real quick....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhqZkF2D6ss
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts