lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2023, 08:24 AM   #1
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default trustworthy lithium sellers

After reading this section of the forum, I've become interested in building a 48 volt lithium pack. Right now I'm looking at EVE 105ah cells which have a 1C continuous and a 3C surge or maximum discharge but not sure if this is the cell I'll be using. I can't remember how I found this company but I did. They are gobelpower.com. Has anybody had any experience with them? They offered these cells at $34 each and for 16 of them for $665.20 by sea freight. Shipping from China. DDP terms, Tax, and duties included. I can't find any reviews on them but they seem legit. It will take close to 60 days to get them. They don't agree with the grade A rating and have their own rating system of ESS, LSEV and HSEV. I'm not crazy about trusting the Chinese sales people but?

The table is open for comments.
Attached Images
File Type: png image.png (20.0 KB, 0 views)
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2023, 08:28 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: trustworthy lithium sellers

I would look for cells with a higher continuous rating.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 08:36 AM   #3
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

I got that but I'm having a hard time finding any without going to a higher initial ah cell. Just wondering about the seller because I haven't made a decision on ah size yet. Curious how companies like ECO and BOLT get their higher ah out of 105's.
Old 10-16-2023, 09:03 AM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I would look for cells with a higher continuous rating.
I get what you're saying but I recently came across an independent builder "Skunkworks Lithium" that is using the EVE 105ah cells (among other ah as well) and he is getting good results out of them even with the Navitas setups. Not saying it's a good plan but.
Old 10-16-2023, 11:13 AM   #5
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Also took a look at CATL 202 which has a more robust 1C continuous and 3C surge or max for $42 each and a 16 cell pack would weigh in at 135# just for the cells.

EVE has a 90ah cell that has a rating of 2C continuous and 3C surge or maximum for 30sec. but haven't looked any further into them.
Old 10-16-2023, 12:32 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Those EVE cells at 90AH, 2C (180Amps continuous) would be good. I personally wouldn't consider anything under 200Amps continuous. (I'm not building a pack but if I don in the future, I will have find good cells.) My Leaf solution is not going to be available next time I build a pack.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 01:01 PM   #7
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

The 2C 90Ah cells are a better choice than the 1C 105Ah cells.

I’ve heard of gobelpower but have never used them. When buying from China, stick within the Alibaba/AliExpress system as you’re offered buyers protection. Purchasing directly from the seller can be cheaper, but also riskier.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium