lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2023, 02:32 PM   #1
Myyke
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Ice fishing ready

I read somewhere on the forum that someone was thinking of a ski idea for his 3 wheel cart. I never seen any pics, so i decided to build my own.
I used old parts & iron i had in my scrap pile. It’s working not bad, so far so good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8BD29A38-07C8-4E0F-B6C6-0A8EB3ADBDC5.jpg (290.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5A51F6CB-55E9-43E5-B6A4-EDD113E475DB.jpg (249.6 KB, 0 views)
Myyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2023, 06:10 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ice fishing ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myyke View Post
I read somewhere on the forum that someone was thinking of a ski idea for his 3 wheel cart. I never seen any pics, so i decided to build my own.
I used old parts & iron i had in my scrap pile. It’s working not bad, so far so good.
Love the ingenious idea!! The winch makes is "quick on and off." (I haven't defined "quick"....but then....)
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 12:02 PM   #3
Myyke
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Love the ingenious idea!! The winch makes is "quick on and off." (I haven't defined "quick"....but then....)
Thanks. So far so good. It is quick & i’m able to get it tight enough that the tire stays stable in the trough i built for it, even in the turns.

Only trouble i have is the putting ski under tire myself. Looking at adding an anchor somehow on back hinge to anchor to the ground so i can just drive it up.
Myyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:13 PM   #4
KartMan154
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nice setup. Just curious, can you do any ice / snow slide burnouts?
KartMan154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 07:08 AM   #5
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

0218210838.jpg

0226211025.jpgThanks for the pictures. I'm looking at different ways to mount skis on mine. I've got chains, but there is too much resistance from the 10" wide tires I have. Skinny tires would help, but with a limited income, that idea is out for now. I can get free skis and have access to welding gear and scrap metal.
The state park I fish from does not allow atv's or snowmobiles but I got a permit for my cart due to being disabled. Thin snow is no problem, but that is rare.
Great job and engineering.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 08:57 AM   #6
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

great idea !
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 10:23 AM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubles Shooter View Post
Attachment 234737

Attachment 234738Thanks for the pictures. I'm looking at different ways to mount skis on mine. I've got chains, but there is too much resistance from the 10" wide tires I have. Skinny tires would help, but with a limited income, that idea is out for now. I can get free skis and have access to welding gear and scrap metal.
The state park I fish from does not allow atv's or snowmobiles but I got a permit for my cart due to being disabled. Thin snow is no problem, but that is rare.
Great job and engineering.
You're right about the front tires limiting your cart's ability to "push" it's way through snow. (And mud (mucky...soupy kind) My front tire size is 22x7x10. I have "found" that using this front tire makes the steering easier, and the cart "plows" thru snow and mud much easier than a wider tire.

I hear you on the "cost limiting factor". IIRC I bought the tires, then did a search for the wheels (which ended up being trailer wheels....and needing the correct offset for brake clearance) then I had to find a tire shop with a machine small enough to mount the tires. (I'm disabled as well and do not have the strength to attempt a manual tire mount)

Old 01-13-2023, 11:43 AM   #8
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The way things are going here weather wise, I will have another year to build. I don't see much ice time.
Even the 4 deer I processed are pointing to a warm winter. Absolutly no fat and short hair on all. We live in rich farm country with lots of food for them, but no fat. I expect the next couple months to be warm too.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 01:50 PM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubles Shooter View Post
The way things are going here weather wise, I will have another year to build. I don't see much ice time.
Even the 4 deer I processed are pointing to a warm winter. Absolutly no fat and short hair on all. We live in rich farm country with lots of food for them, but no fat. I expect the next couple months to be warm too.
Yes. I have 2 days left for Pa's flintlock season, and I have 2 antlerless tags. The snow is what I love about flintlock hunting.

The tags are gonna go unfilled this year.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing