lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2022, 08:29 PM   #1
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Pre 1996 snubber installation

I’ve figured out a trick for the old style engine cradle snubbers. Way better than wrapping a radiator hose around it and a zip tie (been there, some that too )

So I’ve been driving the crap out of this cart I’ve acquired a while ago and it has been holding up just fine. I wanted to make sure before I posted what I tried.

So the cart was missing the snubber. Like they all always are. I bought a $7 one from the jungle store. And figured it was worth a $7 try. So I cut the snubber (see attached picture) on the bottom where the tang goes on it. I jacked the cradle up a couple inches to where the snubber would “hover” between the two frame mounts.

Then where I made the cut, I use a bit of 2 part epoxy inside where I had cut. I opened it up where the cut was and put it on the cradle tang. Then closed it up and wrapped a big zip tie around it to make sure it held closed while the epoxy set up and “fix” where I had cut the snubber open. I left the floor jack under it overnight to let the epoxy cure. Next day after work I cut the zip tie off and pulled out the floor jack. I tried to pry open the cut with a screwdriver to make sure it was gonna hold. It did.

I’ve been driving it like that for a couple months now and it’s still holding like new.

Thought this might help someone, way easier than disconnecting everything necessary to move the whole axle and cradle back a few inches to install it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BABAC88E-43C1-4C66-BD55-6E561993E839.jpg (47.1 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2022, 08:29 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Pre 1996 snubber installation

If this doesn’t make sense let me know and I’ll get some different pictures
Old 10-22-2022, 09:19 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I did that before but I just wrapped a zip tie around it and left it. The junk snubber fell apart before the zip tie did. So it was 1” heater hose and zip ties for all of them after that.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 09:39 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
I did that before but I just wrapped a zip tie around it and left it. The junk snubber fell apart before the zip tie did. So it was 1” heater hose and zip ties for all of them after that.
Lol yeah. Seems to be holding up quite well so far. But honestly for the $7 if this one eventually falls apart I’d be inclined to just get another $7 one
Old 10-26-2022, 07:41 PM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Good tip!

My cradle tab easily comes apart with bolts on my two older carts so I probably won't try it unless I get a newer cart.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 01:20 PM   #6
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I’ve figured out a trick for the old style engine cradle snubbers. Way better than wrapping a radiator hose around it and a zip tie (been there, some that too )

So I’ve been driving the crap out of this cart I’ve acquired a while ago and it has been holding up just fine. I wanted to make sure before I posted what I tried.

So the cart was missing the snubber. Like they all always are. I bought a $7 one from the jungle store. And figured it was worth a $7 try. So I cut the snubber (see attached picture) on the bottom where the tang goes on it. I jacked the cradle up a couple inches to where the snubber would “hover” between the two frame mounts.

Then where I made the cut, I use a bit of 2 part epoxy inside where I had cut. I opened it up where the cut was and put it on the cradle tang. Then closed it up and wrapped a big zip tie around it to make sure it held closed while the epoxy set up and “fix” where I had cut the snubber open. I left the floor jack under it overnight to let the epoxy cure. Next day after work I cut the zip tie off and pulled out the floor jack. I tried to pry open the cut with a screwdriver to make sure it was gonna hold. It did.

I’ve been driving it like that for a couple months now and it’s still holding like new.

Thought this might help someone, way easier than disconnecting everything necessary to move the whole axle and cradle back a few inches to install it.
Great tip/trick here. I can remove the snubber tab on my cart, but its a really tight fit to get the bolts back in, so this seems like a logical solution!
Aggiesdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 04:29 AM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Sticky!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 06:15 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Sticky!
Cool

I only wish I had thought of this long before now

I’ve either taken the cradle loose or used the heater hose far too many times! It’s still holding up perfectly and we have been driving the crap out of this little cart
Old 12-25-2022, 07:03 PM   #9
KartMan154
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nice hack with the snubber, CP; used your method.
KartMan154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car