lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2022, 10:05 PM   #1
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G2 Paint, lift and Lights

I bought a 1990 G2 and we tore it all down so we can paint it desert khaki with black trim. I got the top coated in bed liner. Today I found a Yamaha halo light bar for the front and I ordered the LEDGlow under body light kit. Last week I ordered a Jake’s long travel kit and the HD rear shocks, to go along with the Gusto rear seat kit. The seats will be black and the wheels will be 10” black steel with 22” tires. Here are a few pics of how the paint is turning out and the light bar that will be installed, once I figure out how I want it, pending a push bar…
AEmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2022, 10:06 PM   #2
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Paint, lift and Lights

I’m not sure why the pics are sideways…
Old 09-25-2022, 02:57 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Nice clean looking cart to start with. It's going to look great.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 05:05 PM   #4
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Nice clean looking cart to start with. It's going to look great.
Thank you!
Old 09-25-2022, 07:54 PM   #5
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I like your color choice. Try editing your photos before uploading, I just use the enhance lighting on my phone camera. Keep us up to date as you progress.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:02 PM   #6
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBIRD! View Post
I like your color choice. Try editing your photos before uploading, I just use the enhance lighting on my phone camera. Keep us up to date as you progress.
Thank you! I will give that a try.
Old 09-30-2022, 08:35 PM   #7
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Did a little work installing the fuse panel and the main circuit breaker. I received the wheels and tires, LEDGlow under body lights, Gusto rear seat and the HD rear shocks. I ordered the Grizzly Metalworks push bar and waiting on the rest. I hope it all shows up in time to finish before Halloween!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7EC4B70C-73FA-420D-9261-EA05A69B4D4A.jpg (178.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-02-2022, 09:32 PM   #8
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Installed the under body lights and the Gusto rear seat.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:59 AM   #9
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I wanted to comment on the Gusto seat fitment...

It does not fit the G2 well, at least not mine, and required modification and allot of struggle to get it to fit...

Because my cart did not have the bag holder brackets on the back of the seat-back support, the kit provides alternate instructions for the placement of some supplied angle brackets. Their instructions for that bracket placement are incomplete and wrong! They said the brackets need to be placed 18" apart but that is not correct. Ultimately, I found that they needed to be approx 19" apart for everything to line up. The instructions also do not tell you how to align them vertically, which one is right or left, or how to orient them, since they are not symmetrical... I just had to guess and go with it... I placed them with the 45* cut corner up and the vertical support mounting surface towards the centerline of the cart.

The next issue I found was that, once everything was assembled, the front of the seat platform was 2" lower than the rear and had to be forced to reach the vertical support arms/brackets that attach to the seat-back support. In order to make the platform level I needed to move those vertical support arms/brackets up 2" and re-drill the holes. The platform had to really be manhandled to get it to reach the attachment point on those vertical support arms.

The platform sits approximately 3.5" above the deck of the cart.

This rear seat may be the best option for the G2/G9 but it does not fit well...I don't think that most owners would go through the hassle to make it work.
Old 10-22-2022, 07:20 PM   #10
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

We are still waiting for the Jake’s long travel lift…no ETA.

We did install the the new seat covers, the Grizzly push bar and the Yamaha halo light bar. The light bar has two settings, one that is extremely bright and one where the lights are dimmer little halos. I have difficulty getting good pics of the halo setting…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E59A514C-E566-4E4A-97AB-78BBD102909F.jpg (89.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8559A298-66A9-438C-B3A0-FD15E9EE4347.jpg (108.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides