lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2022, 05:11 PM   #1
Randallrebel1126
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Rear end plate

I have an old Ez Go/Noland cart that has been converted to gas motor. I was wondering if the plate that holds the electric motor to the differential can be removed? Or does it seal oil in the differential? I need to remove it for clearance to mount a reverse gear.
Randallrebel1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2022, 05:48 PM   #2
Randallrebel1126
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear end plate

Here is a pic of the plate I'm asking about. Can I remove it without any problems of does it seal up the differential?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220826_174421.jpg (114.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-08-2022, 06:26 PM   #3
Randallrebel1126
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I checked today and yes that motor mounting plate can be removed. Just have to put nuts on the backside to hold primary together. Also I found out you can pull the bolts around the axle housing and rotate the primary around to whatever position you need it in. Hope this helps someone on their build.
Old 09-18-2022, 10:34 PM   #4
Randallrebel1126
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Opps I was wrong. It is a cover sealing the differential and holds the shaft in place too.
Old 09-20-2022, 11:20 AM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So that rear end plat looks a lot like the front of the housing of the old style electric motors from way back. It also kinda looks uneven, like someone cut the front of the motor off. If that's true then that plate will have a bearing in it to hold the other side of the input shaft. That shaft had one bearing in the diff and one bearing in the motor.

IF ALL THAT IS TRUE AND THERE IS A BEARING IN THAT PLATE then if you remove that plate and bearing then you need to install something else with a bearing in it to hold that input shaft in place.

Now, the cart I converted from electric to gas was a 1985 EZGO so it may be rather different than what you have. But if there is a bearing in that plate covering the diff I'd be concerned removing it and not putting in something to hold that side of the input shaft. $0.02
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 12:28 PM   #6
Randallrebel1126
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It has a bearing in the plate, shaft only goes as in to the gears nothing to hold it other than the plate. I wish they had left a longer shaft so I could put a bearing at the end. May have to find a ma hine shop and have a shaft added to it later if I have any problems.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps