lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2022, 09:14 AM   #31
Jhammer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 Tomberlin Emerge hall effect senor issue

So I had the wires on the hall effect sensor in the proper configuration when I tested the controller harness. I forgot to tell you when you saw the wires switched it was because I never put them back so I have tested the controller harness with the wires in their proper placement. But I say that to say this while doing my checklist I wrote down the values and pin 3 was 0-48v pin 7 was 0-4.8v and pin 17 was 48v to 48v no change to the voltage at pin 17.Pin 17 is the only issue holding back the controller from a pass with flying color, now as I mentioned previously this controller was sent to FSIP in March of last year and was rebuilt by them. They have a 1-year warranty on all of their work and so I just missed the warranty period by a couple of weeks. Even more concerning is the fact that the cart has never ran even before the controller was rebuilt or after.
Jhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2022, 02:07 PM   #32
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I understand so far, really difficult to say what's next... it would help to have an known good controller for testing. There is a sentry programming/diagnoses software available also.
On pin 17, the controller should switch from positive to negative, activating the solenoid. So it seems, the controller won't do that.
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 01:25 PM   #33
Jhammer
Not Yet Wild

Yeah spoke to a tech in SC and he said it's the controller, he said I have checked ever possible solution so he recommends me send the controller off and have it rebuilt. It's not to expensive 390 from FSIP.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:07 AM   #34
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A second rebuilt...? Would be much better to go with an aftermarket controller like Alltrax. User programmable and new for around 500$. I've installed such a controller in a Yamaha Drive last year, worked perfect.
Problem is to find something for a Tomberlin...
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 10:45 PM   #35
Jhammer
Not Yet Wild

So update time, I sent the controller to FSIP to be tested and rebuilt. I received a call from them and they stated it had failed the test so I told them to rebuilt it. I got it back acouple of days ago and installed it immediately. Unfortunately it didn't seem to matter as it didn't fix the problem. Fast forward to today after beating my head against a wall in frustration I finally made progress. So while back probing the controller connector I heard a loud noise which sounded like a contactor turning on. So as soon as I heard it I was scared not knowing what it was I stopped immediately. I finally moved the connector harness around enough and heard the contactor stay on. At this point while the cart was off the ground on all four corners I hit the gas and sure as I sit here now it started spinning the tires. So I took it for a spin and unfortunately it's not fast however I'm wondering if the signal to the controller is intermittent given the fact that the cart is fibrating. I'm going to replace the connector as soon as possible but.the top speed thing is concerning. I am wondering if the PC/ Run switch has anything to do with the speed maybe not. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin