lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2021, 03:37 PM   #1
PDACPA
Not Yet Wild

Default 2022 Epic by Icon 40L

Santa brought the family a 2022 Epic by Icon 40L with the AGM (gel) batteries. Cart was delivered with a full charge. It was hidden at the neighbor so no it was not plugged in for 48 hours. We ran it Christmas day and some the next day. Showed 80% when I plugged it in in the evening. The next day it showed 100%, but while driving would only get up to 20 (does 25) and was a slow increase from 15-20. Felt like it was really struggling. Was showing 34-43v (all prior was 48-51v).

Charged it again overnight. Ran perfect. 100% and hit 25 like it did the first few days. Took it on a 16 mile ride looking at Christmas lights and the display showed it around 40% when we got home. Had the lights and Excogear on the whole time. Speed fluctuated from the low teens to 25mph. Charged overnight.

Next day (yesterday)Drove fine and hit the 25. Ran two errands. One trip 2 miles. The second trip 4 miles. Both runs were mostly at 25mph as we were on the road. Cart was at 60% 51v when I got home.

Called the dealer and they said that the batteries need 20+ hours to fully charge on the first few charges.

Anything sound abnormal or did the drop in speed happen as it was not a full 20 hour charging and would the bigger drop in battery % be due to full speed run vs the longer run at mostly slower speeds? Wondering how accurate the % is on the digital display.
PDACPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2021, 04:09 PM   #2
PDACPA
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2022 Epic by Icon 40L

Just found the sticky on the battery break-in process. Could be related the slow speed event. Will circle back after some complete charging cycles.
Old 12-31-2021, 12:59 PM   #3
robertmII
Not Yet Wild

Congrats on the new cart. I bet the kids where excited! Share some pics if you have them. How you liking the Ecoxgear?
robertmII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 01:43 PM   #4
PDACPA
Not Yet Wild

Well the kid that loves it the most has 4 legs! The Excogear does pretty well. I like it mounted behind the seats as I want to put a rearview mirror in. I just wish it would turn on with the key.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 09ED1CD7-171B-42D4-843C-7A5CCC1FF814.jpg (106.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-01-2022, 08:55 PM   #5
robertmII
Not Yet Wild

I bet he does like it! Great looking seats. How’d you get them?
robertmII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 07:30 AM   #6
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

they're standard on the Epic e40.

"Every EPIC car comes standard withAGM batteries, 5kw motor, 400/450 ampCurtis controller, high-back diamond stitched seats, 4-wheel disc brakes,4-wheel independent suspension, sound bar, pre-wired 12v switches and fullDOT street legal compliance including a glass windshield, 3-point restraints, side mirrors with LED turn signals, lighted license plate bracket and a backup camera. All standard equipment one very EPIC. And all at a price point that is still well below the Big 3.".

https://epiccarts.com/our-story/

ICON acquired Epic.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 11:25 AM   #7
PDACPA
Not Yet Wild

Everything Jeff said and ....

Icon bought Epic and they call them "Epic by Icon" and basically come with every option standard. Dash has a carbon fiber look, unique key for cart (think the glove boxes are not, but has a lock). Nerf bar in front. Also the fender flares are painted black (not the textured plastic). Not sure if Icon's are, but the Epic roof is painted body color (noticed some other cart brands have the black plastic roof). You also get the clay tray in front, a power windshield wiper, the charger is built in, so it is just a charging cord that plugs in the cart, rear arm rests with cup holders,a digital display for charge, speed, high and low beam and turn signal status, mileage and volts, and blinking turn signals on the side mirrors (front and back).

Probably missing some things and I need to get some better pics of the cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8613.jpg (235.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8732.jpg (216.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon