lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2019, 09:43 PM   #1
chadlogan112
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2014 BBB Recoil IS 72V Problem

Hi, I have a 2014 Recoil IS 72v that i'm trying to fix for my brother, but it's quite the complicated machine. The cart will start bucking when you give it gas. As if one axle is trying to push or pull the other. Such as a truck would do with two different gear ratio's in each axle. I get 5v at the front axle speed sensor when key on and in forward. I couldn't seem to get a 0-5v flash reading when giving the cart some gas at the other sensor connector. Any ideas? It was previously giving fault 7-4 "fault on other traction controller". However, the controllers just both have the normal yellow flash on each now. Any help is appreciated!
chadlogan112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2019, 09:46 AM   #2
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2014 BBB Recoil IS 72V Problem

code 74 indicates the fault is on the other controller. Typically designated as the slave control in the system, should be the one that drives the front motor. If I recall correctly, a 74 means that the CAN communication DOES work (else you would get a 72 instead) So the other unit is powered on and functional and the CAN wiring should be good. The way you described it sounds like a speed encoder issue. If you have / can get a curtis handset you should be able to monitor the speed inputs on each unit's individual channels A&B. Its key that both motors have both encoder channels working, if any one of the four is not pulsing you're going to have issues.

A typical reaction to an AC motor missing one or both feedback signals is a high current draw and/or slow movement and/or wrong direction of rotation.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
chadlogan112
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
code 74 indicates the fault is on the other controller. Typically designated as the slave control in the system, should be the one that drives the front motor. If I recall correctly, a 74 means that the CAN communication DOES work (else you would get a 72 instead) So the other unit is powered on and functional and the CAN wiring should be good. The way you described it sounds like a speed encoder issue. If you have / can get a curtis handset you should be able to monitor the speed inputs on each unit's individual channels A&B. Its key that both motors have both encoder channels working, if any one of the four is not pulsing you're going to have issues.

A typical reaction to an AC motor missing one or both feedback signals is a high current draw and/or slow movement and/or wrong direction of rotation.
This is a newer model, so by speed encoder, are you referring to the speed sensor on the front motor that I believe is the same as a 13+ RXV?
chadlogan112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #4
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Yes, but I would check the faults on the control that didn't have the 74 before messing with too much of the hardware. That code you were seeing was just to direct the diagnostic process to the other unit.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:51 PM   #5
jlawwell
Not Yet Wild

I actually have a similar issue with my 72 volt 2013 Recoil iS. When i press on the throttle is shakes and shutters terribly. I have all new Trojan Batteries, front and rear speed sensor replaced. I am just clueless of where to go from here. And when i changed the batteries, it actually become worse. it goes very slow after it shutters back and forth. Any help????
jlawwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:39 PM   #6
Patrick021
Not Yet Wild

I have 5he same problem I have all new Trojan batteries my 2013 recoil shakes terrible and locks up on the front when-trying to move it .what could be my problem ? I have tied to find wiring diagrams and information on it but I haven’t had any luck and no one in the area that will work on it . Thanks
Patrick021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #7
bowhuntingdad
Not Yet Wild

chad what did you find wrong with your bad boy recoil i have same problem
bowhuntingdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:30 PM   #8
bowhuntingdad
Not Yet Wild

What did you finally find was wrong ?
bowhuntingdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:27 AM   #9
Joetfj40
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? Mine has similar issues but at the moment it has NO F/R. The contactor will not click when the key switch is turned on(proper start sequence applied). If you cycle the key on/off it will click twice. Changed the contactor thinking that the fields were not holding, only to find I still have the same issue. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!
Joetfj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 01:44 PM   #10
tim@cleanswitches.com
Not Yet Wild

Hello. Did anyone find a solution to this problem? My 2014 Recoil IS has the same bucking problem and I just put in all new batteries and it is worse. It now goes into Limp Mode and I can’t seem to find a solution. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
tim@cleanswitches.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts