lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2023, 06:27 PM   #2131
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

It snowed here so don't feel bad lol. Brakes went out had to get other car out. Its cold but 50s this week so think I'll do brakes then. Cold and snow all weekend but its already melting. I assume the bevel gear keeps the cam over at least at some rpm it would.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2023, 10:19 PM   #2132
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Getting close to finding out if Omega is a success or a failure? May have to get the long rod redone, but with ARP bolts in the VC rod and a genuine Honda flywheel. It would still get the head of Omega with the automotive style valve retainers
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:30 AM   #2133
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Got the S/G installed this a.m. after the GF headed back to Philly from my Birthday weekend. Just the wiring left and in my younger days I would have finished today. BUT this old back can only take so much bending over the cart. Tomorrow is dump day but I hope to get the wiring and test run done also ?
Old 03-22-2023, 08:34 PM   #2134
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see Red Beard has a dyno now and is showing what gains are made with simple head porting and high ratio rocker arms. Right now he is on the small clones. I hope he moves on at some point to the large clones where air flow,air flow, air flow shows some very BIG gains. Hopefully tomorrow I can back on my cart. I did the Sonoma today with having a second vehicle up to snuff being a little more of a priority over my cart.
Old 03-24-2023, 11:28 AM   #2135
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yes Im working on brakes today lol. I'll have to check that out.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:47 AM   #2136
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

He figured out the valve springs on the 625 and did a detailed look inside the 459. Alas Jody at ARC hasn't did anything in a long time. I wonder what happened there ? Another interesting note, I got a northern tool catalog the other day and in it there is a Powerhorse 622 cc single cylinder generator listed there. Is it a Zongshen ? BUT I also seen Zongshen USA was parting out 10 engines they had left and selling a scratch and dent unit plus a used one. Final exit ? Also seen some of the VC 625 kits are sold out and no listing for letting you know when it is back in stock
Old 03-24-2023, 02:21 PM   #2137
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

My curiosity was hurting more than my back and knees. I wired up Vicky enough for a test fire. She now runs fine. I am leaning more towards the way the cam was shimmed rather than it being defective as the cause of the compression release not working. Weekend is GF time so a full test run won't happen until next week some time. The engine idles and starts fine so my fears that the very light billet flywheel being a factor in this turned out not to be the case. The only other question with this flywheel with it's smaller diameter and much less cooling fins is if it keeps the engine cool enough in a golf cart rather than in a racing go kart or mini bike ?
Old 03-27-2023, 11:54 AM   #2138
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Got Vicki put together enough for a couple of laps up and down the street. All the electronics are still not hooked up ( neither tach or GPS ) so no data at all. Still seems a lot quieter and smoother than the long rod VC 460 I had been running. Is it the shimming all the rotating internals OR not having that big hunk of iron of a flywheel on the end of the crank ? OR is the 64mm crank versus the 69mm crank having less side thrust ? I have not noticed any difference is coasting down in speed as some other reported with a billet flywheel. Obviously a lot more testing is needed BUT so far things are looking good.
Old 03-29-2023, 12:50 PM   #2139
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Finally Vicki is all back together with both tachs and GPS working. Didn't take her over 4 K which is still 30+ mph and she gets there FAST. My earlier impressions still hold that for whatever the reason the engine is more mechanically quiet and vibration is greatly reduced. The carb setting are unchanged from before and timing is fully retarded on the adjustable timing bracket.
Old 03-30-2023, 12:36 PM   #2140
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Down to 34 last nite. 38 this a.m. with gusty winds so alas no further testing or tuning.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps