lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2016, 08:48 AM   #11
amdixon
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent brake light pad install question

Sergio, I have a 2006 electric Precedent. 12v is always present, headlights and turn signals work even with the key and run/tow off. LED lights in the rear. I am adding a pressure pad switch on the face of the brake pedal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I can still jump the green/white and solid blue wires and leave out the relay, as current will only flow through the brake light circuit when my foot is on the switch. I'm thinking that the relay and timer is more for the stock switch, which is closed when the parking brake is on.

Sripes136. I believe that Sergio IS saying that you will need a second relay that is activated by your brake pedal to power your brake lights.
amdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2016, 01:40 PM   #12
amdixon
Not Yet Wild

Answered my own question. Jumped the green/white and blue wires. No power at the switch connectors. Checked all the wires at the nine-pin connector to the turn signal switch. Brake light wire was pushed out. Not enough to see, but far enough not to be making connection. Once that was corrected I had power to the switch. Pressure switch wires are as thin as headphone wires - 22 gauge at best - they'd probably act like a fuse and burn up with incandescent light bulbs. Anyway, it's passed the smoke test and I have brake lights.

I ordered a relay and may put it in the circuit if I get motivated.
amdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:27 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think You should definitely use a relay for incandescent lights, even for LEDs if they are more than 4 watts for each rear brake light.

Those pressure switches are normally not designed to handle much current.

If you drive your cart at night, these strobes are really good for LED lights:

Under 10 watts of LEDs:
https://www.amazon.com/UEB-Strobe-Co...s=brake+strobe
More than 10 watts of LEDS:
https://www.amazon.com/Brake-Light-S...s=brake+strobe
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:35 PM   #14
MrGrmpy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Got the relay & from the diagram got the harness wires correct however I’m not 100% on the brake pad wires as the relay does not have terminal numbers. Just taking a guess after reading Sergio’s post with relay diagram..would red brake pad wire connect to dark blue harness wire on the NO relay post? And black brake pad wire connect to the green/white harness wire to the comm on the relay?
MrGrmpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:42 PM   #15
Tyjen
Not Yet Wild

This information fixed my issue with brake lights perfectly! Can't thank everyone enough
Tyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 06:49 PM   #16
fullbloodedtxn
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: Precedent brake light pad install question

I know I'm late to the party but I have a solid green solid blue solid red and solid orange wires coming off my harness in the dash (no relay). I’ve tried connecting the green and blue and still can’t get my brake lights on. I am running my headlights and accessories from an external battery. Any ideas?
fullbloodedtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 07:02 PM   #17
bluecalx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Let me add my opinion here, I think the only reason Club Car uses a relay in this circuit is because some of their +12v OEM solutions are always ON (Ie: 12v battery or 16v->12v Reducer).

If Your DC converter is only providing power when the Key Switch is ON, that relay is redundant.

The relay is connected to the 4 quick connectors near the 9-pin Turn signal connector in the dash harness.

You can either add a Relay, or just jump the 2 wires marked as 12v+, Green/White and Solid Blue together.

Just for others reference, those Brake Pad pressure switches can only directly power LED lights, if You have incandescent brake lights, the switch needs to activate a Relay and the Relay contacts then power the brake lights.
I have an '07 Precedent, that came with a headlight and tail lights pre-installed when I got it. The brake light wires (3 of them) beneath the floor by the mcor were still folded and clipped together when I opened it up today. I'm wanting to get brake lights working - but when I connect the male and female bullet connectors on these wires to test the brake lights, I get nothing.

I'm not sure what I need to do next - any input is appreciated. I've attached two photos of the current wiring setup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1579.jpg (226.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1580.jpg (221.6 KB, 0 views)
bluecalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:11 AM   #18
bluecalx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I've still got this in limbo too - I've searched and searched...
bluecalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car