lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2023, 09:05 PM   #1
ThatSloanGuy
Not Yet Wild

Talking Controller/Motor Replacement Recommendation - Summit S4 2010

I bought a 2010 Columbia Parcar SMT4 that wasn’t running and after a little diagnostics I realized although I heard the solenoid close, it was not actually closing the main contacts when the coil picked up (verified with multimeter). I had a similar HD 48V contractor on hand so I installed it and man oh man was it bad when I turned the key switch.

Video attached, but essentially I was in the front of the cart and couldn’t really see the controller and motor until it was too late. I am not sure if the motor failed which then caused the controller to fail or what, but as you can see in the video….. it got crazy fast.

I am looking for generic motor/controller combos that will be a relatively easy swap - I know the controller is toast and am assuming the motor is too.

2010 Columbia SMT4-TN
48V
Controller: SEVCON 633T45319
Motor: Can’t tell model, but judging by the parts diagram, appears to be the “HD” version of the 2010 motor due to having the venting ports on the motor.

I appreciate all help and recommendations!

https://streamable.com/a8h048
ThatSloanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller failure
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar