lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2023, 07:19 PM   #1
rojo143
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2011 TXT starter solenoid troubles

Good evening everyone!

I am writing for help as I am currently stumped. I recently picked up a 2011 ezgo txt that the previous owner gave up half way through trying to replace the ignition and starter solenoid. I am more familiar with yamaha carts but picked this up since it was a good deal and gas powered. I currently have what I believe is the correct wiring for the starter solenoid according to the manual I have been utilizing, my problem is when I depress the pedal I am getting 13 volts at the small post on the front of the solenoid but nothing coming out of the upper post to the starter generator. If your are looking down on the solenoid from the driver side on the big back post I have the 8awg wire to the starter and the voltage regulator wire, on the front big post I have the 8awg wire from battery positive and the fused red wired connected to the red/white stipe wire coming from the engine harness. On the passenger side small post of the solenoid I have the bule wire coming from the ignition and the red wire coming from the relay. The driver side small post has both the black grounds coming from the relay. Does this sound right? I have attached a picture for reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230321_201755.jpg (250.8 KB, 0 views)
rojo143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2023, 10:31 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 TXT starter solenoid troubles

Here you go. Wire I marked in red is the ground side of solenoid. The other small wire is the one battery voltage is applied when gas pedal is pushed. If you are grounded good on the small terminal as I see some rust and your solenoid is not an aftermarket one then it should work.
You can test these on a workbench with jumper wires and a battery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solenoid.jpg (130.8 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 09:44 AM   #3
rojo143
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Here you go. Wire I marked in red is the ground side of solenoid. The other small wire is the one battery voltage is applied when gas pedal is pushed. If you are grounded good on the small terminal as I see some rust and your solenoid is not an aftermarket one then it should work.
You can test these on a workbench with jumper wires and a battery.
Thank you, I actually figured this exact thing out shortly after I posted this last night. I realized I had nothing grounding the small post on the solenoid other than the relay. So I ran a jumper from the same points you drew out and the solenoid now clicks over everytime. Thanks again.
rojo143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:41 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo143 View Post
Thank you, I actually figured this exact thing out shortly after I posted this last night. I realized I had nothing grounding the small post on the solenoid other than the relay. So I ran a jumper from the same points you drew out and the solenoid now clicks over everytime. Thanks again.
You welcome. Glad you got it figured out.
We win some and we lose some. I am in the loss column right now
Better days ahead though . I hope
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO