lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
Hiriser
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help Identifying this Club Car

My boss dropped this off for me to look at and see if I can get it operating again. It was his dads for using around his farm and garden. Last he knew everything was good to go. Looked all over this thing trying to find a model plate or some way of identifying what year it is so I can start troubleshooting intelligently with the correct wiring diagrams. Maybe someone can point a newbie in the right direction. Included three pics I took of it this afternoon hoping that would help.

I'm suspecting the charger is bad as after plugging it in I never heard a click. The batteries still has some charge to them as the back up horn does beep when I move the switch to "R", just not enough to get it to move.

Eventually I'll do some cool stuff to it but getting it fully functional is priority one. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart.jpg (95.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 2.jpg (88.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart Front.jpg (90.7 KB, 16 views)
Hiriser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help Identifying this Club Car

ID tag where the floor meets the underside of the passenger glove box ...... looks mid 80s. Post a pick of the battery bay. Charger okay .... batteries too dead for the charger to see Got a voltmeter?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
Hiriser
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick reply Scottyb. Definitely a "DOH" moment looking under there and plain as day seeing the ID plate. I was looking all over the battery compartment. It is a 1991 DS I see from using the handy sticky.

Definitely got a voltmeter. Hints on where to start?
Old 05-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

do you know if 36 or 48v system?? 3 caps per battery equals 6 volt battery and 4 caps equals and 8 Volt battery
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
Hiriser
Not Yet Wild

3 caps per battery so it's a 36 volt system as there are six batteries and I just pulled all of them to look inside each battery and saw not one hint of water whatsoever. Can see the plates and they look to have been dry for quite some time. I forsee some battery purchases in my bosses near future.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

good call..like said earlier by Scotty..if the charger doesn't see a specific minimum voltage, it will not turn on. Since your batteries are 6 volters, you have a 36V system. No water in those batteries means they are most likely toast---wait until your boss sees the price of new batteries.
Next question--there are two 36V systems. Behind the batteries is a bank of coiled heavy wire. These are actually the speed resistors. Are thos coils mounted on top of 5 individual solenoids, or mounted to a wafer board and cables bolted right to the heavy wire coils.
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:44 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

jut for future references unless the cart was modified they didn,t come with 48 volt until 95...................as mentioned you,ll need to start by getting good batteries in there and who knows you might not need anything else...........................your charger has a low voltage sensor in it so don,t panic if it dosn,t come on cause with dry batteries its not gonna come on...............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
Hiriser
Not Yet Wild

Boss isn't fond of anything that costs money so I'm sure he won't be happy about having to spend some to get this running. My guess is he'll sell it as is shortly after I tell him what I've found so far.

Just checked and I don't see any solenoids and it appears to be mounted to a wafer board. What is the significance of this?

Thanks for the help as well Oxford, I knew after reading a few posts this was the forum to come to for finding some answers.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #9
Hiriser
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
jut for future references unless the cart was modified they didn,t come with 48 volt until 95...................as mentioned you,ll need to start by getting good batteries in there and who knows you might not need anything else...........................your charger has a low voltage sensor in it so don,t panic if it dosn,t come on cause with dry batteries its not gonna come on...............................
Thanks Shadow for clarifying.

If the boss springs for new batteries I'll let you guys know if anything else comes up wrong as I'll most likely need some more helpful hints. As I said in my intro post I'd like to do some other neat mods to this thing given the chance. We're going to be using it to ferry guests and supplies back and forth from a hotel to a group of cottages a block and a half away hopefully.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
Hiriser
Not Yet Wild

Anyone know of the top of their heads what the minimum voltage is for the charger to kick on? Using a Club Car ACCU Power Automatic Charger Model 13800. Didn't see anything on the forum after searching.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car