lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2018, 09:17 AM   #1
guidryd
Not Yet Wild

Default 97’ DCS w/ alltrax wheels barely turn

Hey guys, I have a DCS with an alltrax controller that quit putting out power while on a subdivision stroll. Got the cart home jacked the rear end up and pushed the pedal and it seems like it wants to turn but is sluggish and making a clicking type noise every time the axle tries to spin. That being said I don’t think it’s an axle issue because it sounds like the motor is just getting intermittent power. The ITS has been replaced a year ago and tested fine today. I did find the A motor cable to have a heat issue and has been replaced....although could have been like that. The controller does give a green light when powered up but blinks two red when pedal is depressed. Any thoughts?
guidryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2018, 11:04 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 97’ DCS w/ alltrax wheels barely turn

If this is a DCX alltrax 2 red means under temperature and I doubt you are somewhere below 25C. I had the same problem with one and it was sensing voltage on the frame. Make sure you don’t have any wiring grounded to frame and if all that checks out the controller probably is bad.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:13 AM   #3
guidryd
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 97’ DCS w/ alltrax wheels barely turn

Ok so I found the small red resistor wire on the solenoid was damaged/burnt. After replacing it the cart has full power but smoked the wire again! Really stumped now!
guidryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO