lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
Handy Randy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default controller problems

I have 94 club car with a controller i bought about a month ago. the v-guide was broken off frame no way to mount so i bought a new housing and moved switch resistors and swing arm to new housing. batteries ck good and charged up.1st test drive cart would start find but as i accelerate there seam to be a flat spot where cart would slow and like it was free wheeling step down harder and it would go to top speed but not a fast cart.i tested wiring and resistors ck good.I had a controller on hand that looked the same so i installed it now it wont go other than jump when i step on the pedal. each time i repedal it jump once. the old controller was curtis 1204-015 volt 24-36 current 275 but cross ref. to a 200 amp on curtis chart. the one i installed #1204-408 volt 36-48 amp 275. not sure controller was the problem to start with. not sure the replacement one is bad or jest not compadable with cart.. the serial # of cart is a9447-413546 i have double check wiring from diergram and and see no problem. what can i do nest is there a way to test controller or can we tell if one are both are bad from what i done so far. pleas and thank you for any help
Handy Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: controller problems

Welcome to BGW

This sounds like what my cart was doing just before the controller gave up all together. But it's too soon to blame 2 controllers of unknown condition.

1) Did this cart ever run right for you?

2) Was there solenoid "clicking" when you hit the "flat spot"?

3) To put to rest the condition of the multi-step V-glide, disconnect the black and white wires of the multi-step and test the resistance. You should read 0-50 ohms with pedal up and 4500-5500 ohms with pedal down.

Last edited by tag50; 12-27-2014 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: typo
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
Handy Randy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thank you for getting back to me.2nd test run I though it ran ok but slow. after 3rd run I notice the flat spot again made me question if it ever ran ok. No clicking at flat spot.Not sure the correct setting for ohms meter. at 20kohms with pedal up 10.00,1st step 0.00 2nd .29 3rd .87 4th 1.38 5th 1.98 6th 2.55 last 3.26. resistor reading are .29,.63,.82,.89, 1.19 looks like the .29 may need replacing I have diergram showing it should read 910 not sure what scale that is, hope that tells you something that helps. Thanks again
Old 12-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #4
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes, the 290 ohm should be replaced with 910 ohm. You'll never really get top speed with that. Any electronics supply should be able to fix you up (Radio Shack, etc.). Take the old one with you because there is a wattage and tolerance factor to these and I can't remember what they are right off-hand.

Also, while you're into the multi-step V-glide, make you have a full sweep of the wiper arm. Contact should only be on first and last pads at those ends. Wiper arm pad face should be flush (full surface contact) with pads in the chain. You can tell by the wear pattern if it's OK. There's an adjustment screw in the middle of the arm for that. Good luck.

P.S. Top speed on a factory cart is 10-12 mph because the golf courses don't want them faster than that.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #5
Handy Randy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

thanks,I'll replace resistor and repost results
Old 01-01-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
Handy Randy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thank you tag50 I installed new resistor test drove about 4 times and problem is gone. we are over 3000 miles apart but is sure nice to have a neighbor like you on wild. I hope I will be able to pay it forward to some one in need. thankkkkkkk youuuuu.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #7
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Everybody here started by looking for an answer. Glad I could help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car