lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
TVH
Getting Wild

Default Anyone running 8" offset rims with a spindle lift?

I have 8" douglas aluminum offset wheels with the desert tires. I want to upgrade from a drop axle to the Jakes 6" spindle lift, there is some concern this won't work with 8" rims. I believe stock rims won't work, what about the offset rims. Thanks
Todd
TVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone running 8" offset rims with a spindle lift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVH View Post
I have 8" douglas aluminum offset wheels with the desert tires. I want to upgrade from a drop axle to the Jakes 6" spindle lift, there is some concern this won't work with 8" rims. I believe stock rims won't work, what about the offset rims. Thanks
Todd
Whoa. Partner, that's a downgrade in my book
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
TVH
Getting Wild

Well you might be right but I like keeping the steering geometrics stock, I have driven several carts with the spindle lift and they drive a heck of alot better than mine, plus the tie rod doesn't contact the leaf spring when I hit a bump too hard.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you post some pics of your lift and the tie rod that hits the leaf? Maybe you just need some help with what you got?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #5
TVH
Getting Wild

Thanks Scotty but the axle is getting worn, the holes for the spindle bushings are getting larger and getting sloppy. The axle is for the ezgo workhorse 4", the springs are designed to bolt under the axle, I changed that to above for more lift a long time ago, it is just time to go another route. I inquired about the allsport long travel on this forum a while back and all I really got was responses that didn't net the results I was looking for. So I ended up at this point wanting the spindle lift. Seems like a good compromise w/o spending a crap load of money. I still cant find much info on the allsport long travel, all I ever see is that one pic of it installed on a blue ezgo. I guess if I am going to spend 700 bucks I expect them to show 20 or so pics of the darn thing not just that one. Same goes for the Jakes long travel, not enough pics. Nice lif tho. I really don't want the strech long travel.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

I'm with Scotty on the dropped axle verses spindle lift, here's a deal if your cart is 95 to 2001.5 http://www.sickntwisteddesigns.net:80/1920gasez5li.html
and if it's newer I definitely would not go with a spindle lift (axle not boxed)

and if your tierods are rubbing you might want to look into some new springs or spacers btwn the back of the springs and the body.

and here is a good pic of a allsports 6" long travel.(green cart) http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...request-3.html

You Got Snow?
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #7
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You get waht you pay for - And you just said that you weren't interested in the BEST kit that's available for you? If you go to my website, you'll see plenty of Jakes and Strech LT kits in the gallery pages...

Back to the second question - Oversive tires on 8" wheels will have too much sidewall flex...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
TVH
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
I'm with Scotty on the dropped axle verses spindle lift, here's a deal if your cart is 95 to 2001.5 http://www.sickntwisteddesigns.net:80/1920gasez5li.html
and if it's newer I definitely would not go with a spindle lift (axle not boxed)

and if your tierods are rubbing you might want to look into some new springs or spacers btwn the back of the springs and the body.

and here is a good pic of a allsports 6" long travel.(green cart) http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...request-3.html

You Got Snow?
I did see the pic and it looks like a nice lift. I am still trying to decide if the longtravel is worth buying due to the expense of repairs if I were to hook a tree etc. You never see parts for these kits available for sale in case that were to happen. I tend to think if you were to tweak an a arm you would end up spending the farm to get it repaired.

I live south of Holland near the lake and we got about an inch, GR area got 12+. How about you?
Old 12-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
TVH
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
You get waht you pay for - And you just said that you weren't interested in the BEST kit that's available for you? If you go to my website, you'll see plenty of Jakes and Strech LT kits in the gallery pages...

Back to the second question - Oversive tires on 8" wheels will have too much sidewall flex...
I totally agree with you, I just have no use for the strech lift. If I lived near Glamis that would be different. As for the 8" tires I can see your point but in soft sand this set up works the best for us. It doesn't take alot of power to turn these tires and they float on top real nice being 2 ply. The guys running the 10" rim with the 4 ply tire have a real hard time getting around and are much slower. My original question concerns whether or not the rim would clear the spindle or steering arm being 8" rather than 10. Nice website by the way and will very likely place an order.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:06 PM   #10
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVH View Post
I live south of Holland near the lake and we got about an inch, GR area got 12+. How about you?
I was talking on the phone with an old army buddy in GR yesterday and he said it was coming down pretty good, We didn't get any......... Yet!!!
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts