lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2016, 02:54 PM   #1
Scarp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default PlumQuick upgrade for 2012 CC Pres...

I have a 21012 CC Precedent stock... Has anyone had there stock motor upgraded from PlumQuick and or heard of any issues once I install it with the stock controller and such?

I am not looking to knock a company at all, they seem to be great guys, I just want to make sure it is a solid option to spending $1500 on a motor controller and wiring... you get what Im saying
Scarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:36 PM   #2
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: PlumQuick upgrade for 2012 CC Pres...

It sounds like you are talking about the bandit motor which is a tuned up stock motor

It's really comparing apples to oranges. I just installed the bandit and for $300 out of pocket you can't beat the extra performance. My cart went from 21mph to 25/26mph.

Plum quick sells higher performance motors that require controller and wire upgrades as well which I believe would be your $1500 comparison to other companies. That price point would gain you more mph and more torque.

Good luck!
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:32 AM   #3
begvis
Not Yet Wild

I got a bandit a few years back. It was a good upgrade, and the only one I did...until I put an alltrax 400 on it. Much better with both, for a week. Bandit pretty much caught on fire. Too many amps? If you are going to do future work to it, beware. Bandits are just retuned stock motors with a paint job.
begvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:33 AM   #4
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I put the bandit in my 03 DS six years ago, and have had zero problems with it. Ran it on the stock controller for 5 years, last year my controller crapped out, so I sent it to Flight Systems and had it rebuilt and upgraded to 400A and have had no issues with either the controller or motor.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:45 PM   #5
Scarp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

thanks folks for the input... I am going to keep my stock controller at this point and get the motor Bandit upgraded... If I get the speed they are talking then I will be happy. I will then get a controller and motor and selenoid and wires when I can and do it right with more torque.. Thanks Again
Old 04-21-2016, 05:09 PM   #6
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you have flat ground you will be Ok with the Bandit. Any hills will just about cut your speed in half.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:31 PM   #7
floatingstatic
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
If you have flat ground you will be Ok with the Bandit. Any hills will just about cut your speed in half.
Agree, but a controller upgrade will fix that more than a motor alone, no?
floatingstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:01 PM   #8
Scarp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Dos anyone have a suggestion on a comb for a 2012 Club Car Precedent, mostly flat use (golf course hills), Motor/controller.... I am a bigger guy and have 4 sets so some torque is needed... I know I need to change the battery wires and solenoid....
Old 04-29-2016, 10:29 PM   #9
floatingstatic
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarp View Post
I have a 21012 CC Precedent stock... Has anyone had there stock motor upgraded from PlumQuick and or heard of any issues once I install it with the stock controller and such?

I am not looking to knock a company at all, they seem to be great guys, I just want to make sure it is a solid option to spending $1500 on a motor controller and wiring... you get what Im saying
I upgraded to the bandit with no other mods (to the drivetrain/electronics) and the performance improvement was solid. Extra benefits were no regen and no speed limiter. I will say that the speed sensor on mine was extremely sensitive. I'm sure some were my fault (tow switch is your friend while working!) but not always my fault.... I think I went through at least three speed sensors that season, but have been fine the last 4 years....
floatingstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car