lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Primer sealer

I am doing a rattle can paint job with Duplicolor. I noticed thay make a primer sealer is this something I should use before the base coat or just skip it?
pocket aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Primer sealer

Give me a little more info Aces, what are you apraying over, stock finish, body filler, etc.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I am going to sand the body and fill some small body work spots and scratches. Then Adhesive promoter, sandable primer then primer sealer? or just go straight to base color.
pocket aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you did any sort of body filler "and it sounds like you did" then yes you will need to apply the adhesion promoter then primer in the areas you did work on, also the areas where you want to fill scratches. If you are going to be primering spots that equal over about half the cart then I suggest to just primer the whole thing that way it is all the same color, unless you are basecoating with black or a really dark color then it doesn't matter.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint