lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
skateralec
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Fuel Pump

Hello everyone. I just picked up a G1 a couple days ago and it has the wrong fuel pump on it. The fuel pump just floods the engine out right away and gas just squirts right out of the over flow on the carb. Gravity fed the cart runs fine. I was wondering if there was another fuel pump that i could use on this thing because i cannot find the Yamaha one anywhere local. I can order one up but me and a friend will be racing this cart on sunday so i need it asap.

THanks
skateralec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
skateralec
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G1 Fuel Pump

Never mind i found one at a place called Plowmans about 40 minutes from my house. WOO HOOO. Well does anyone have any info about porting or a larger the engine in the G1?
Old 08-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
skateralec
Not Yet Wild

New problem, i have installed the correct fuel pump in the cart and it is like it pushes too much fuel to the carb. fuel comes out the overflow and the engine just chokes out. What is the problem?? It runs fine gravity fed.....
Old 08-29-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateralec View Post
New problem, i have installed the correct fuel pump in the cart and it is like it pushes too much fuel to the carb. fuel comes out the overflow and the engine just chokes out. What is the problem?? It runs fine gravity fed.....
Sounds like your float is not closing the needle to shut off the gas. Remove the carb/disassemble and clean all the jets. Your float has a metal "tang" where the needle rides up against, you can "bend the "tang" to shut the needle sooner. If you hold the carb (like it would be mounted in the car) blow into the fuel inlet tube and push the float up till no air will get thru. The correct float level would be "paralell" to the base of the carb, where the "bowel" would seat. Hope this helps. Dave

Last edited by smallblock450sl; 08-29-2008 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: can't spell
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
skateralec
Not Yet Wild

Ive tried that already but im gunna go through the carb again and make sure that everything looks good. im hoping that last time i messed with it forgot something somehow.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
skateralec
Not Yet Wild

ok got it runnin but it sputters pretty bad. maybe carb tuning is need. the plug looks good tho.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #7
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum skateralec...............

I would adjust the float too.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:36 PM   #8
skateralec
Not Yet Wild

Well we got it running good and drove it to a friends house last night. Then it started running bad and died today, pulled the head and the piston has a nice chunk out of it. Kinda sucks but we bought a 340cc yamaha snowmobile engine to put in it next weekend.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:40 PM   #9
Herbb2u
Not Yet Wild

I need a g-1 2-cycle engine- if you decide to sell the old one out of your cart. Thanx. HerbB2u
Herbb2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha