lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
bjneteng
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Location of Ignitor/coil

I have a 1996 Club Car with the Ignitor/Coil, it will run for a while but has become hard to start and quits after warming up. I was told to replace the ignitor. I got one and took the rpm limiter off, only to find that mine is newer and has the ignitor/coil and now have that (Fortunately I was able to return the ignitor). Anyone can help me with location and instructions on replacing the ignitor/coil, any assistance would be appreciated.
bjneteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: Location of Ignitor/coil

Are you talking about the ignition Coil ?
Can you post a picture of what you are calling Ignitor/Coil, or a book mark to a web site which has the part you ordered ?
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

If you are talking about the Ignition Coil , follow the Big black wire Connected to the spark plug, its at the other end.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the coil is located under the metel shrould on drivers side.......not easy to get to you have to take several things off.........peice of advice take the whole exhaust off and the plastic fan housing will come off in 2 parts than you can get the shrould off without having to move the motor at all........some guys say you have to take the motor out but i have never had to touch it by taking the exhaust off and the fan out in 2 parts..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
bjneteng
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, Shadowman.
Looks like I have a real adventure ahead of me.
Long as I have it home in my garage, I might as well strip it down, put a new lighting kit on it and paint it Packer Green & Gold
bjneteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

there are also a few of the 10mm bolts that arn,t the easiest to get at.......you,ll need a rachcett and extension for one of them up front and lower side and there are 2 on the rear side you have to just get them loose as the holes are slotted so they don,t have to come all the way out......they sit behind the main bracket for the starter...........the center peice of the fan housing is held in with 4 phillips head screws so take that off and than the main housing.......the thing about moving the motor is you then need the motor alingment tool to get it back in the right spot so if you can leave it alone you,ll save time and hair........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car