lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #1
weekone
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2009 Precedent run/tow toggle switch replaced with keyed switch

Purchased the cart from a broker who brought them upscale Palm Springs Club. The run/tow toggle switch was replaced with a keyed switch for security I am assuming. He did not get the key, and wondering if anyone else has seen this. Also could it be an uncommon key from the factory since it is located in the controller?

Thanks
weekone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 2009 Precedent run/tow toggle switch replaced with keyed switch

welcome to BGW................theres a real good chance that it didn,t come that way.......more than likely it was done afterwards.........where is it located you say on the controller?? that would be a 1st .....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
weekone
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Shadowman, thanks for the reply, you had me wondering so I went back out and reconfirmed the keyed switch is located in the center of the controller, where the run/tow toggle would have been. The controller is located on the back wall of the battery compartment and has all the factory stickering along with the ser# of the cart
Old 06-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
rib33024

Welcome to BGW

Does the cart run, can you drive it??
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
weekone
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

the cart runs great, just worried about putting on lights and battery meter, everything I have read says to put the cart in tow mode as the first thing to do. It seems that all electrical work requires the tow position. So having a key would certainly be helpful
Old 06-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

this is a 1st for me but maybe someone else has seen it......the run tow switch is uselly under the seat front of batteries in the location of the F&R switch.....have never seen one mounted on the controller itself as close as i have ever seen one is on an e-z go mounted to the plastic cover where the soleniod and controller are located.......never on the controller itself.....so yes you really want this key.....if you can,t find it i think i would disconnect main power and try to take cover off the controller and see what the guts to this keyswitch look like maybe its a simple replacement for another switch or key..........ok so who out here has seen this setup?????......................
Old 06-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekone View Post
Purchased the cart from a broker who brought them upscale Palm Springs Club. The run/tow toggle switch was replaced with a keyed switch for security I am assuming. He did not get the key, and wondering if anyone else has seen this. Also could it be an uncommon key from the factory since it is located in the controller?

Thanks
If you cant get the key from the cart guys at the Palm Springs Club, then I would just replace the switch with another one that you have a key to. You are right, you will need tow mode from time to time.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

dawg, is something they are doing now? putting a switch right on the controller or is this something someone did afterwards? its not factory is it?......................
Old 06-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
dawg, is something they are doing now? putting a switch right on the controller or is this something someone did afterwards? its not factory is it?......................
I really dont know. I would not be surprised if the entire fleet was like that for security reasons though. It is actually not a bad idea for a golf course fleet. Not so great for a personally owned cart.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #10
weekone
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

after talking to the Club Car customer service rep, she said this was probably done on the local level because it is something they don't do at the manufacturing level. I would have to agree with Dawg, it was probably done for security, just have to find out who the cart was sold to originally and call them. Customer service can't give out that information so am now trying on the local dealer level. Here's hoping........
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car