lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Default Need your recommendation for cart model/type

I bought the cart in my signature with the hopes of lifting it. After much reading on this site I'm a little concerned about the controller and motor after lifting, larger tires and rear seat. In light of this and not wanting to spend a lot of money on motor/controller upgrades I'm considering selling the cart I just bought and will look for a new cart that will handle the mods I am considering. 4-6" Lift, 22" tires, rear seat, radio, dash. I'm not looking for excessive speeds (over 25mph) but looking for something we can drive around the rivercamp and take some minor off road trails in the area.

If you were me and were starting over what kind of car would you look for? Gas or electric, what brand, what model?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Default Re: Need your recommendation for cart model/type

Gas, whatever brand you decide on. And then a big block. I just like the sound of a gas motor and I don't want to have to remember to plug the darn thing in. There's just something nice about hearing your cart.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

All carts have their strengths and weaknesses. I would look for a reconditioned cart at a dealer to start with.

I prefer gas carts, but that's just a matter of opinion. I like gas carts because you don't have to spend a whole lot of money to make them fast. A simple governor adjustment and BAM! There you go. Unlike electric carts, which have to be upgraded to handle lift kits decently and STILL run the risk of overheating, gas carts do not need a whole lot of upgrades.

Large tires do rob you of some power. You do, however, gain on the top end.

>>>IMO<<<, Club Car's engine/clutch setup handles a lift kit the best. Their drive clutches are more responsive and gear down quicker when a load is sensed.

Whichever brand you decide on will probably be good to you if you are good to it.

Any cart you get is "Big Blockable," so the choice is yours.

If you get a Club Car, read the stickies in the Club Car gas section if you want more power.

If you get an E-Z-GO, ruredy has posted some bang-up threads on pepping them up a bit.

Should you decide on a Yamaha, spriddle should be able to get you moving in a heartbeat.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go chew on a turd to get this taste out of my mouth.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #4
wish2fish
Gone Wild

No No,
that was some great advice. I've spent the last hour or so reading threads in all the gas sections. I think I could be happy with any based on what is in there....I guess as it applies to the motors, drivetrains, etc.

I've got to go out to dinner. If anyone else has advice on carts based on advantages in the frame, design or availability of aftermarket parts I appreciate that as well. Thanks a lot!
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:42 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

E-Z-Go TXT Fleet 36v electric:
Add a 400 amp Alltrax AXE 4844 controller, 4g welding cable, HD solenoid, and 2 more batteries for 48v. Lifted or not, this setup is bulletproof (on the original stock 36v motor).
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:27 AM   #6
rdnktrkr
Getting Wild

I updated a old ez-go to 48V and my wife loves how quite it is. I would like to find another one and try it again.
rdnktrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts