lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #1
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Anybody install small light bar?

I have a G22 with Jakes LT (pic in profile) I bought 2 2" LED lights to add but having trouble deciding best place to mount. any thoughts/ideas??

there are some holes already in the front of the lift where the front hitch is, but I figured they'd get tore up from off road use and the roof seems too flimsy to hold securely.....
dchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Anybody install small light bar?

The higher the lights are the better they work. Less shadows and better angle in relation to the ground. I have no problem with a canopy mount on mine, just needed to make 2 more "feet" so it's bolted in 4 places. Fender washers help too.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:55 PM   #3
1arunem
Gone Wild

I have installed the 12" LED light bars on several G16's. I mounted them to the cross bar of the front roof support between the two mounting bolts by the front body. I have attached a picture. They seem to work great and put out plenty of light for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2002 G16 FRT.jpg (126.8 KB, 0 views)
1arunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:19 PM   #4
Brianb131
Not Yet Wild

Just bought the nilight 11inch from Amazon for $23 and the wire kit for $10. Easy install on my 2010 Drive. I screwed it on top of the front bumper block.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Brianb131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:02 AM   #5
Aussiedave
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I haven't fitted one yet but plan to.

Can anyone tell me how many amps the generator puts out as I want to fit the biggest one possible?
Aussiedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:59 AM   #6
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

well my lights aren't a bar.. .it is 2 separate "cubes"
dchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:39 AM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiedave View Post
I haven't fitted one yet but plan to.

Can anyone tell me how many amps the generator puts out as I want to fit the biggest one possible?
Most LED bars draw very little current. Not more than a couple amps at most. Shouldnt have any problem at all running one, the stock headlights pull way more current than an efficient LED style light bar.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:41 AM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianb131 View Post
Just bought the nilight 11inch from Amazon for $23 and the wire kit for $10. Easy install on my 2010 Drive. I screwed it on top of the front bumper block.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
I've bought a few of these. Doubt they will hold up the test of time like a quality Rigid or something, but for 1/5 the price dont really care either. They're super bright too for the money
Old 01-14-2019, 10:06 AM   #9
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Most LED bars draw very little current. Not more than a couple amps at most. Shouldnt have any problem at all running one, the stock headlights pull way more current than an efficient LED style light bar.
Stock headlights are 35 watts each, and an average lightbar at 90-180 watts nominal, now even if driven at 75%, you are drawing more than filament bulbs, but lot more light!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:36 AM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Mathematically, that is correct. However, "real world" and "advertised" values almost never add up, especially on the cheap chinese stuff. The nilight 12" bar (I have a spare i've never installed yet) is advertised as a 72w bar. at 12v it "should" draw 6 amps. at 14.4v it "should" draw 5 amps. But real world, not even close. With my battery jump box at 12.65v it pulls 1.75 amps.

you'll find this to be pretty consistent across most of the cheaper stuff. Not to say it isn't PLENTY bright enough (it is... I'm blown away how bright an $18 light bar is) but advertised wattage vs. real wattage will almost never add up.

If you spend the big bucks on a Rigid Industries bar, you'll find it to be much closer to the advertised wattage by doing the math. I just can't justify spending $300 on a 10" Rigid bar, when the $18 amazon special is plenty bright enough for anything i'll ever need. Sure they'll get water in them or condensation, but after 6 months mine still works fine with no problems. If it is on a 4wheeler that is subjected to being underwater a lot, beat on, etc. then a more robust part may make more sense. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I doubt most golf carts are subjected to nearly the abuse most side by sides or ATV's will see on a regular basis.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha