lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2018, 08:10 AM   #11
LouisC
Getting Wild

Default Re: Where is my 12 volt converter

My Precedent has the 48 to 12 v converter under the seat in the middle on the front wall near the F/N switch and the Middle batteries...
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2018, 09:00 AM   #12
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Some Precedents have 4-12V batteries instead of 6 8 volts. These are common here for folks to wire a radio to one battery.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:34 AM   #13
lwlittle
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OK I'm still fighting the problem of no power to pre-wired radio circuit. I did discover some bad wiring that was causing a 5 amp fuse to pop so I cut that wiring running up the support to the roof and that solved that. However, the wires leading to that connect point come out of the dash and are not carrying any voltage. I can see wiring from the converter running into the dash. Everything except the radio circuit is working - kights, horn brake lights, etc. Cart has a custom dash insert so I haven't been able to get to the circuit behind the dash yet. There are two sets of wires coming out of the converter or it is likely one set in red/black and multiple out. Need a Club Cart converter diagram to verify. Am I better off now just installing a separate converter and running a new circuit to the radio? I hate to give up the red wire that turns off the radio with the ignition. May give up and take it to a local guy that fixes carts.
lwlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:54 PM   #14
lwlittle
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have concluded the problem is behind the dash. What is the standard club car wiring behind the dash ?
Old 03-30-2019, 11:16 AM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Take the dash off and find it!
What kind of custom dash is it? There are only so many places for screws to hold the dash on. That cant take more than 10-15 minutes to take the screws out and pop the dash off.
I can say from experience that a golf cart is 1000 times easier to pull a dash out of than the car or truck in your driveway. It doesn’t take a cosmonaut to figure it out.

All of the wiring in a precedent runs under the rubber floor mat. There are channels in the plastic floor tub where all the wires fit. Take out the two torx screws on the right side and pull the mat out from under the kick panel. Roll it towards the drivers side of the cart and you’ll see where any wiring goes. If the red wire from your radio harness goes under the floor you’ll see it, follow it back into the battery compartment and you might find your converter there, if it has one.
Usually converters are installed on the upright steel suspension brace facing toward the front of the cart. Under the front with a flashlight and look up and back toward the center of the cart.

You said there’s a wire going to your key switch. That usually is for a converter and means the converter is key activated, it will not put out any voltage unless the key is on.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:51 AM   #16
lwlittle
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I did trace the wiring under the floor and from the converter. Haven't checked the fust next to the converter yet but light, horn and tail lights are all working. Didn't have time to remove the console/dash because I need the cart for a tournament Saturday.

Tags
12 volt, radio and lights
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car