lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2018, 09:47 PM   #101
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: LED Light Bar

You save power by reducing wattage spent getting the illumination you need. A 20" led light bar can be 120 watt. 120 watts is about 10 amps. (watts divided by voltage - rough rule of thumb)

If you have two 35w filament bulb headlights they draw less amps than the 20" LED. About 6-7 amps.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2018, 10:31 PM   #102
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cool! Don't worry about light draw, the little amount the bulbs draw compared to what you cart motor uses is insignificant. You will need a tape measure to measure the difference in the range of your cart with lights on.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:36 PM   #103
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I added a 30"' light bar to my Precedent. Wired into my reducer, which is also powering my headlight. The reducer is a 30 amp version, so plenty of capacity.

ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #104
badandyturbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks good.

I added a 5th battery for all my accessories. Didn't want to run the cart down. I also ran the wire on the inside of the roof bar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180331_125402_HDR.jpg (236.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180410_061330.jpg (192.4 KB, 0 views)
badandyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:46 AM   #105
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have mine mounted to the front 2 bolts where the factory bumper would be and have a little rocker panel with 2 switches .. works good
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180606_194147_587.jpg (327.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180612_104505.jpg (64.4 KB, 0 views)
Gallachera89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:33 AM   #106
SmeltShackBBQ
Getting Wild
Club Car

I just saw this, and figured I'd throw a few of my bar mounts up. It is 1" aluminum square tube "notched" on 3 sides, then backed up with a piece of 3/4" wide, 1/8 thick flat bar.

Rock solid, the light doesn't twitch, rattle or shake. I have one on the front and rear of the Wife's DS, plus blue LEDs that flash 32 different patterns, and all that (trail police), the Ebay bar I bought for the rear came with 4 free LED pods, I mounted two underneath the frame, shining out, so she doesn't step on anything "yucky" in the dark. It looks like daytime with all 4 on, in the middle of the woods at midnight. Also, the front and rear bars are under the roof, to keep the rain off them. Let's see if the new imgur thing works:

Last edited by SmeltShackBBQ; 06-12-2018 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: pics too big...oops
SmeltShackBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:10 PM   #107
SkymonkeyONE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbagged View Post
Here is a peak under the hood :)
I'm digging that pipe. I have a 24HP Honda V-twin and I ran my pipe "over and down" vice "around and under" like yours. Thanks for the idea! That looks WAY better than my setup.
SkymonkeyONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:43 PM   #108
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmeltShackBBQ View Post
I just saw this, and figured I'd throw a few of my bar mounts up. It is 1" aluminum square tube "notched" on 3 sides, then backed up with a piece of 3/4" wide, 1/8 thick flat bar.

Rock solid, the light doesn't twitch, rattle or shake. I have one on the front and rear of the Wife's DS, plus blue LEDs that flash 32 different patterns, and all that (trail police), the Ebay bar I bought for the rear came with 4 free LED pods, I mounted two underneath the frame, shining out, so she doesn't step on anything "yucky" in the dark. It looks like daytime with all 4 on, in the middle of the woods at midnight. Also, the front and rear bars are under the roof, to keep the rain off them. Let's see if the new imgur thing works:

Nice mounting of the overhead ones! Why are they tipped down though? Doesn't that limit your distance?
Old 06-13-2018, 07:30 AM   #109
SmeltShackBBQ
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Nice mounting of the overhead ones! Why are they tipped down though? Doesn't that limit your distance?
It does limit it a bit, but the front still shines out a couple hundred feet. With the first 50-60 feet being lit up like a football field at night. The bar is a Cyclops 180 watt 30 inch, I cannot believe how bright it is. All of our riding is on some nice trails we have out back, so we aren't really going too fast out there.. not like my old race wheelers and pre-runner buggy, where you could easily outrun your lights..

The rear overhead is mainly for a "backup" light that works. I was going to do a couple pods under the rear footrest, but it wasn't really bright enough. With the rear up high, it's like the sun is shining down. It's great for backing up to the woodpile, turning around at night, or just plain riding thru the trail at 1 am and seeing everything.. Plus, being under the roof a bit really helps keep the low branches off of the lights.

I don't think this setup would be very "campground" friendly though. We took it up to my parent's place last night, and I got to see it riding around the yard in the dark, and when that thing turns toward you.. Wow. Blind. Couldn't even see the blue LEDs, it looked like a stadium light on wheels.

On one other note, we used "servo tape" to hold the blue lights on. If you aren't familiar with it, we use it on RC cars, to hold our electronics firmly to the chassis. Hobby shops have it for around 5 bucks a roll. Great stuff, it's like double-sided tape on steroids. You can order it from any online hobby shop too.
SmeltShackBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:26 AM   #110
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did you cut your windshield down to clear the light?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts