lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #1
tardman91
Not Yet Wild

Default Finally got my cart!

It's a 2017 ez-go txt 48v. It's got a 6" lift (I think), 14" wheels, 23" tires. Completely refurbished with some fresh galaxy gray paint, new rear seat, seat covers, electrical, and an extended roof. Had to chop 2 inches off the rear bars for the roof to fit in my garage. It'll do 22mph. Super excited to cruise around the neighborhood, to the pool, and to some local stores.
My neighborhood is "sort of" a golf cart community, meaning people usually don't get hassled for not having their cart registered. We're working on being a golf cart friendly community, but in the meantime I'm rolling the dice on registering it. I got it mostly street legal, so if I do get stoped I'll probably get a warning and then make it legit. All I need is some reflectors, a DOT windshield, and a lighted plate bracket. Mainly I don't want to pay to get it registered and then have to insure it.
I'm here to learn all about it and plan on adding some goodies. I'd like a pano mirror, a brush guard for the front, and some lockable glove boxes in the short term. I can get more pictures if anyone wants to see something specific.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3070.jpg (193.2 KB, 0 views)
tardman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2020, 11:53 AM   #2
joe58
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Finally got my cart!

Nice looking cart, like the gray.
joe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Nice looking unit!

As for the insurance thing, I have my cart (not street legal) insured with limits equal to or more than my cars. The cost is $225\year for it. I don't find that cost to be excessive.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:42 PM   #4
tardman91
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Nice looking unit!

As for the insurance thing, I have my cart (not street legal) insured with limits equal to or more than my cars. The cost is $225\year for it. I don't find that cost to be excessive.
That’s pretty reasonable, but I live in FL and they screw you sideways with auto insurance. I recall some neighbors saying they pay like $480 a year and up.
tardman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:57 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardman91 View Post
that’s pretty reasonable, but i live in fl and they screw you sideways with auto insurance. I recall some neighbors saying they pay like $480 a year and up.
ouch!!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts