lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
Firescooby
Getting Wild

Default EZGO advice appreciated

2003 EZGO 36V, previous owner said he put the Trojan 105's in last year.

I got some questions answered in the other forum, and ready to maybe to take the leap and make some mods. I need something that can give me more torque on hills. Thing is pretty much a dog on hills.

My cart is the type with the FNR switch under the seat. I was told to look into a new controller.

Can someone give me some specifics? Is an Alltrax 400 amp what I need or less than 400A?

There are different model numbers from what I can find out.

What about battery cables?

Please, any advice or pointers would be appreciated.
Firescooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO advice appreciated

If you use the search feature you should come up with about two days worth of reading on both of your questions. I am putting 4g cables on mine as soon as they get here, that is the first place to start. As far as the controllers, some one with a whole lot more knowledge then I have will have to guide you in the right direction for that. As I said, search both and you will learn plenty.
EZGOmywallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
Firescooby
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZGOmywallet View Post
If you use the search feature you should come up with about two days worth of reading on both of your questions. I am putting 4g cables on mine as soon as they get here, that is the first place to start. As far as the controllers, some one with a whole lot more knowledge then I have will have to guide you in the right direction for that. As I said, search both and you will learn plenty.
Well, I have searched...but unless you know exactly what to search for...it's hard to find. There's a lot of terminology that is a little confusing.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I take it by the description of your cart it is a series cart. The stock cables are 6ga and the stock controller is 275amp.
You can increase your torque (uphill speed) with the addition of 4ga welding cables on the batteries, controller, F-N-R switch, and motor.
I would start with that and see if it accomplishes your needs.
You can further increase your torque with a new controller and 400amp is probably a good selection. The preferred controller on this site is made by Alltrax, the model you need is either the AXE programmable or the NPX fixed program.
The sponsors have ready made cables and DIY cables are available here: https://weldingsupply.securesites.co...EF367352::::PA
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
Firescooby
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
I take it by the description of your cart it is a series cart. The stock cables are 6ga and the stock controller is 275amp.
You can increase your torque (uphill speed) with the addition of 4ga welding cables on the batteries, controller, F-N-R switch, and motor.
I would start with that and see if it accomplishes your needs.
You can further increase your torque with a new controller and 400amp is probably a good selection. The preferred controller on this site is made by Alltrax, the model you need is either the AXE programmable or the NPX fixed program.
The sponsors have ready made cables and DIY cables are available here: https://weldingsupply.securesites.co...EF367352::::PA
Thank you VERY much!!! This gets me started in the right direction.

Thanks again
Old 02-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #6
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your FIRST upgrade should be a complete set of 4 gauge wires. You can make them yourself, or get a high quality set, like what EZGO offers as OEM for your cart from the Factory. Other upgrades really depend on what you want to do with the cart...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO