lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2021, 10:30 PM   #11
dearchristopher
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: My EZ-Go Big-Block Project Thread

had a major tinker day today. finally got the last of my parts in to do the electrical work.

- 6.5” speakers
- cheap little bluetooth single din
- amber & red clearance lights
- 12” light bar
- fuse box
- main battery disconnect

i got the portable ac going in the garage after doing some yard and garden stuff for my wife, and went to town planning and accomplishing. here are some pics

overall i’m pretty happy with how things turned out. not psyched about the fitment of the radio in the ball holder, but i can tweak and find a material to make a trim plate to hide some of the ugliness.

the switch pod took the place of the old key and tee holders very nicely. i’m very happy i put it there instead of near the shifter or under the radio

the running lights should help others see me at dusk/night

the light bar is absurd. it may be too bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dearchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2021, 08:05 AM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Man those photos are huge. Gotta dial that down so we can look at them.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 10:31 AM   #13
dearchristopher
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Man those photos are huge. Gotta dial that down so we can look at them.

sorry about that, im uploading and posting from tapatalk. i noticed on the website version of the message boards, they don’t run their images through any kind of resizer. i’ll upload smaller images in the future!

Old 09-05-2021, 08:34 PM   #14
dearchristopher
Not Yet Wild

fiddled some more today, really trying to get the kinks worked out.

fabbed a heat shield between the muffler and fuel tank because it was way too close for comfort. feeling better about it with this piece in place. i had an old stop sign laying around so i sacrificed it.

i put some mastic on the underside of the seat and on the tank as well. seems to have made a difference on the seat. i temp wrapped the fuel line until i could replace with a longer one. all good now.

also installed a solar trickle charger for long sunny rides or when it sits and heats up. i used to run around 12.5v with all accessories on, and in full sun this sits at 12.7 - 12.8v happily.

pretty happy with how the cart turned out. aside from a few little tweaks here or there, i think i’m done with major stuff.

hope these pics aren’t massive, i uploaded as small as i could

Old 09-06-2021, 09:30 AM   #15
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Looks good. Pics are much smaller, easier to scroll down. On the solar trickle charger, do you have a controller with that? If not, be carefull parking it out in the sun it can overcharge the battery. Doesn't the engine have a charging circuit? What voltage do you see at idle and at 2000 rpm?
Old 09-07-2021, 07:33 AM   #16
dearchristopher
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Looks good. Pics are much smaller, easier to scroll down. On the solar trickle charger, do you have a controller with that? If not, be carefull parking it out in the sun it can overcharge the battery. Doesn't the engine have a charging circuit? What voltage do you see at idle and at 2000 rpm?

charging circuit on these predator motors are really low. something like a 6amp charging circuit, i doubt it would be enough to recover extended accessory usage. i do have a controller for the solar panel coming in the mail today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2021, 05:01 PM   #17
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearchristopher View Post
charging circuit on these predator motors are really low. something like a 6amp charging circuit, i doubt it would be enough to recover extended accessory usage. i do have a controller for the solar panel coming in the mail today

Roger that. I didn't know you were using a lot of accessories.
Old 09-08-2021, 01:54 PM   #18
doo dah
Gone Wild

Nice project! I have a 2013 TXT I want to do a 670 swap with however haven't been able to up to this point because of the clutch orientation being on the "wrong" side. Looks like whoever did your conversion figured it out; is forward reverse and reverse forward in your cart?
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:34 PM   #19
dearchristopher
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
Nice project! I have a 2013 TXT I want to do a 670 swap with however haven't been able to up to this point because of the clutch orientation being on the "wrong" side. Looks like whoever did your conversion figured it out; is forward reverse and reverse forward in your cart?

correct, and thank you! ill take any pics you’d like to see. the rear end doesnt limit speed in reverse or forward, so there has been no issues with this setup. im not sure what primary clutch is on it, i’d like to pull it apart one day and see. the secondary clutch is an EZGO part number.

are you planning to do a vegas carts kit?

Old 09-08-2021, 08:35 PM   #20
dearchristopher
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Roger that. I didn't know you were using a lot of accessories.

considering doing a winch possibly. i do know i’ll do some rock lights and interior lights just for some zing and pep. lol.

the controller was a good call, appreciate you there. i like that i can keep it topped off without worrying about an overcharge

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!